2000 1.6 side light fuse numbers left/right - john hunt
Hello. I Have recently changed a number plate festoon light bulb ,which i had the side lights on at the time i created a short and side lights went out ,ok a fuse i thought had gone but when checking the fuses ,as left and right side had gone out the fuses were ok, i still have no side lights all bulbs working as the park position is ok. can someone confirm the fuse numbers or can it be a light switch problem. comments please.
2000 1.6 side light fuse numbers left/right - L'escargot
According to my Haynes manual the sidelight fuse (10 amps) is F19 in the engine fuse box. The running lights fuses are F22 (15 amp) and F14 (10 amps).

LH sidelights fuse (7.5 amps) is F47 in the central fuse box, RH sidelights fuse is F48.

If you need other fuse numbers then just ask.

Edited by L'escargot on 20/02/2009 at 04:03

Hello. Thanks for that but i have checked all fuses and all are ok, but still no side lights the chime has gone aswell as the instrument lights. i find it odd that both sides are out whenyou have 2 fuses one for each side.where is the central timer fitted.
has it been known that the main light switch to burn a contact when the short took place in the side light position. Thanks Again.
2000 1.6 side light fuse numbers left/right - elekie&a/c doctor
I would suggest check fuse #32 in the cabin fusebox (behind glove box).This is the main 10a (red fuse ) for the lighting.I think you will find this located 3rd from the left,top row.hth
Hello. Spot on i was convinced i had checked it, but i have just come home from work and i went out with torch and yes it is that fuse 2 minute job 10p . this has been a week long headache. many thanks to you.john