Steering problem. - Interesting Steve
I have an 08 Mazda 2.0 6 sport. For a few weeks now the steering intermidantly veers left or right. Sometimes when I apply the brakes but by no means every time. Often happens when I don't even touch the brakes. Can be when I accelerate or decelerate. My local dealer says it may need "super tracking" whatever that is, and why after only a few months driving should it need it? Has anyone had simmilar problems and if so have you found the cause and or remedy?
Steering problem. - Altea Ego
Does it veer (as in suddenly or a noticeable tug at the wheel) or does it "gently wander away"
It actually can do both, but more often than not it will"tug".
Steering problem. - Lud
Sounds a bit like suspension or tracking damage. Has the car been kerbed at all recently?

If the basic tracking appears correct, I would have the track rod ends and inner joints looked at. If they are all right perhaps lower arm bushes could be at fault. Damage to these isn't always apparent to the naked eye and may be difficult to spot even with the car on a lift and a jemmy being used to see what movement there is. But a car that veers under braking or acceleration seems likely to have something loose or awry in that area.
I don'y recall it being kerbed (unless the wifes done it, she spends more time on the path than the road). But I will ask the dealer to check what you have suggested. Thanks for you help.
Steering problem. - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
My Hyundai has taken to doing this on certain roads only. I reckon it is tramlining due to partly worn low profile tyres and not to steering damage as such. But check your car if there are worries.
Steering problem. - Lud
GWS is right: if it just does it in certain places it could be tramlining perhaps in road ruts. But it's also true that if it has started tramlining where it used not to tramline there may be something wrong, tyre wear or something else.
Steering problem. - Altea Ego
It does sound like tramlining.
Thanks everyone for taking time to give me your input. Very much appreciated.
Steering problem. - vulcan7
Bet it's tramlining

Had it on my 06 Mazda6 when the bridgestones got worn down to 4mm very bad at low speeds. Having said that watch out for aquaplaning did that once going up hill on motorway, accelerating never had that before ever.