04 2.0 Rear washer - Banshee
Hello all,

I have a problem with the rear washer not spraying on my 54 reg car, I can hear the pump working but on water comes out. I have looked for a second washer bottle and can't find it, so i assume that the car only has one. I can not see any leaks from any of the pipes leading from the washer bottle, or any leaks into the car.

Can anyone shed any light on the issue.

Cheers

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/02/2009 at 18:42

04 2.0 Rear washer - ST Driver
Are you sure that it has not simply frozen in the cold weather?

My one froze for a short while when it went really cold..... Just upped the concentration of screen wash and it has been OK since.
04 2.0 Rear washer - aylesby
I have had such problems with my 54 plate 2.2 mondy estate. For me I also lost power to spray the front screen. The dealer replaced the pump at the next service. Did not cost much.
04 2.0 Rear washer - Banshee
I'm sure its not frozen.

is the pump hard to replace? our do it need a expert to do it?
04 2.0 Rear washer - mondyst220
Hi I have had a similar problem and found it to be a loose pipe located in the driver side rear quarterpanel which can be removed by unscrewing it. A little plastic T- junction will be there and pipes coming out of it. One of these will probably be loose.

My rear footwell in the car was getting wet and couldn't understand why.

Now sorted.

04 2.0 Rear washer - pjackson

-

Edited by pjackson on 04/04/2012 at 19:39

04 2.0 Rear washer - pjackson
Hi I have had a similar problem and found it to be a loose pipe located in the driver side rear quarterpanel which can be removed by unscrewing it. A little plastic T- junction will be there and pipes coming out of it. One of these will probably be loose. My rear footwell in the car was getting wet and couldn't understand why. Now sorted.

I have a soggy carpet (rear passenger, driver's side footwell). Can you explain where the rear quarter panel is please to remove? Is it the rear boot panel (driver's side?)

04 2.0 Rear washer - Saltrampen
Mine Blocks every 3 - 6 months, you have to remove the rear nozzle from Tailgate and backflush with air from a pump.
Removal means removing high brake light and then using a plastic knife wiggling the noozle from underneath so that it pops out from the top. You may need a torch. Use a clothes peg when removing rubber pipe so it doesn't go back into tailgate. Test it is squirting OK before putting everything back together. Dont poke a pin into it as it is made of hard plastic and metal and any damage to the plastic changes the squirt pattern.