1997 1.8 Oil pump on 1997 A4 B5 1.8 Turbo 150 - StuartD77
Does anyone know if it is possible to get to the oil pump on a 1997 A4 1.8T from the oil sump? Not sure if mine is away (hopefully just the switch) but it would be good to know in advance if it is!!!

Cheers, Stuart
1997 1.8 Oil pump on 1997 A4 B5 1.8 Turbo 150 - Hamsafar
I don't know, there are a lot of problems with these 1.8T Vag cars' oil circulation...

www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58188...e

www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41704...e
Is it possible to remove the oil pump from the underside of the engine (ie. by removing the sump)

Stuart
Further to this posting, my problem has developed!!!!!

Whilst driving at between 60 and 70mph on Monday the oil pressure light came on but went off again quickly when I came off the power. My mechanic replaced the oil pressure switch and everything seemed fine.

Driving home the car was fine driving around town but as soon as I got back onto the dual carriageway the oil pressure light came on again followed by a loud tappetty noise. I stopped the car immediately and had it recovered to the mechanic.

Now when the car is started (briefly) it is very noisy (tappetty) at the top end but the car has no bottom end noise. Also the oil pressure light is OUT.

The mechanic has little experience of this problem occurring with this engine and therefore is unsure where to start!!! Do we remove the sump (which is a swine to get off) and see if there are problems with the pick-up or the pump itself?

I should also add that recently I detected a slight tappet noise and as a result added half a litre of Slick 50 to the engine oil. I wonder if this has perhaps even CAUSED a problem!!!!

Cheers,
Stuart

Has anyone any pointers that would perhaps help us to diagnose this problem???