Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Rattle
I think JC's comments were rather watered down I won't say what I am thinking as I will be banned instantly.

He keeps saying everything is fine but when I wake up to find to recieve a letter informing me that one my clients has gone bust and do they owe me any money everything is not fine. Half my mates are now unemployed because of this recession. I don't think GB will be sueing him for slander some how on this one :).
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Another John H
Too near the truth to be funny.

I expect better from Klaxon.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Statistical outlier
Clearly what he said was factually accurate and therefore true:

tinyurl.com/dhwyqr

Link to The Daily Mash - a satirical 'newspaper' that is very very funny, but could offend and sometimes features swearing etc. Well worth a look tho. :-)

Edited by Gordon M on 06/02/2009 at 14:15

Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - DP
It's a shame he cheapened it by throwing personal insults in, as I agree with every single word of his last sentence.

Edited by DP on 06/02/2009 at 14:16

Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - MVP
"we've got this one-eyed Scottish idiot. He keeps telling us everything's fine and he's saved the world and we know he's lying but he's smooth at telling us."

Let's break this down
we've got this one-eyed Scottish - undeniable

idiot - absolutely true, he's been going on about "prudence" "the end of boom and bust" ad nauseum whilst he's pink fluffy diced up the economy

"He keeps telling us everything's fine" - true again

"and he's saved the world" - true, he did say this

"and we know he's lying" - true again because of prudence, etc etc that he's been telling us

"but he's smooth at telling us" - this is an absolute lie, he looks and sounds like an one eyed scottish idiot so he hasn't been smooth at all - JC should be severely reprimanded for this part of his comment

:)

MVP

Edited by Webmaster on 07/02/2009 at 01:06

Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Paul Robinson
I think MVP has it spot on - I'd vote for that.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - midlifecrisis
Seconded. He looks like a desperate, desperate man. Which is exactly what he is. My only concern is how much more damage he'll do trying to cling on to power.

(Slight thread drift. Just seen a news item showing the slimey Mandelson stating how we should support the car industry. Which is ever so slightly hypocritical considering they've spent 11 years trying to destroy it with unwarranted, punitive taxation)
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Lud
I yield to none in the intemperateness of my polemics about the great and good. But there are reasons why it is they, not we, who jostle one another like schoolboys on the greasy tightrope over the abyss, and pretend to rule. It may well be that what they purport to do isn't really possible. And that they look a bit shifty because we can't be trusted with the truth. Don't forget that even a rotten applecart can still be upset. And that it's nearly always been a bit like that.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - madux
I believe that everything JC says is true and that none of Top Gear's "races" has ever been fixed or contrived to make the motor car look the best option. Of course London to Switzerland is quicker by Ferrari than BA!
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - BobbyG
At the end of the day you can't disagree with anything he has said.

However, would he have got away with , for example, saying he is a blind Pakistani idiot? A deaf Asian idiot?

And re his last sentence, find me a politician that anywhere that this description could not apply to? Its the first attribute required to become a politician!

And although I detest all politicians of all parties, I still have a wee tiny tiny hint of sympathy for GB as I think Tony left at just the right time and no one knows that more than TB!
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - jbif
would he have got away with , for example, saying he is a blind Pakistani idiot? A deaf Asian idiot?

Why do you ask? Unless you think Pakistani, Asian or Scottish are unsuitable terms? As far as I know, no one objects to the use of those terms.

BTW, the Daily Mail says that Big JC has "apologised" even though Downing Street spokesperson has said JC is entitled to voice his opinion.

Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - jbif
Daily Mail says that Big JC has "apologised" >>

Telegraph is now reporting:
"In a statement issued by BBC Worldwide, Clarkson said: "In the heat of the moment I made a remark about the Prime Minister's personal appearance for which, upon reflection, I apologise." "

Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - b308
At the end of the day you can't disagree with anything he has said.

Oh I don't know - I'd never describe Brown as "smooth", "slimy" maybe, but smooth never!
And re his last sentence find me a politician that anywhere that this description could
not apply to?

Dr Richard Taylor, MP for Wyre Forest...
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Bromptonaut
Dr Taylor, like Martin Bell before him, got to be an MP without being a politician.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - b308
Dr Taylor like Martin Bell before him got to be an MP without being a
politician.

And is much better for it... I tend to think we'd be better off without the "career" politicians we have at the moment.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - madf
Factual statements may offend politicians as they often do not like the truth.

Clarkson is an amusing entertainer who has to master facts or his credibility would be shot to bits.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - stunorthants26
While I think the Scot/one-eyed bit is irrelevant to Our Great Leader's idiocy and that is in essence why people are complaining, this is JC and he is starting the new year with a biggie.
He more often than not says things which many people think but wont say and he keeps putting himself in hot water for the sake of telling it how it is.

Its nice to see someone in the public eye who doesnt seek constant popularity but does their own thing. Shame more arent like it. I mean, have you seen Mr Brown smile? Its scary stuff!
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - quizman
Golly this is good stuff, I agree with most of the posts including Rattle.
I don't think JC went far enough, there is much more to come about this dismal failure of a PM. Have a look at order-order.com for more information, but please beware of very strong language on this site.
We have now the worst PM ever, a joke foreign secretary, incompetent home secretary and a disappearing chancellor.
What a shambles we are in, if only we could find another Maggie.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Mr X
I've been using that expression 9 one eyed scottish idiot ) for the last two years on assorted forums. Clarkson has lifted it from me.
Sarkozy (carefully) says the same.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7874648.stm
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Armitage Shanks {p}
JC is totally correct is his statement, which is fact and not opnion. However, it is not very kind or tactful to mock the afflicted. GB Prudence is the man who sold a large lump of our gold reserves when the market price was at or near its lowest ever.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - bathtub tom
I think JC's remarks about Jade Goody were far more offensive, now the unfortunate girl has been diagnosed with what appears to be terminal cancer.

Other people paid by the BBC have been rather harshly penalised in comparison.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Westpig
JC was right to apologise for the comment about GB's eye, that bit was unnecessary, unkind and irrelevant...

other than that JC is perfectly correct IMO and only saying what an enormous amount of other people are thinking
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Nsar
Who gives a toss?
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Old Navy
Who gives a toss?

>>
The PC brigade.
JC was right to apologise for the comment about GB's eye

Yes he was. Nor is a term like 'idiot', tempting though it may be to those who are looking on from outside, likely to be substantively true in any serious way of any prime minister. The 'idiocy' is structural and controlled by no one. Makes your blood run cold.

Anyway, bang goes Clarkson's chance of a K or big gong until after the next election.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Old Navy
Anyway bang goes Clarkson's chance of a K or big gong until after the next
election.

>>
Do you think he cares?
Haven't a clue.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Armitage Shanks {p}
JC's remarks re Jade Goody were made at a time when she was a very ignorant contestant in a very low IQ programme. The situation has changed, very much for the worse, for her, and I don't think anybody could manage to say anything other than a sympathy line, at the moment.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - oilrag
Created by the Bourgeoisie in the search for further wealth....
"Nobody was ever made poor by over estimating the stupidity of their audience" sums up my view of Big Brother.

As the Eomans were aware, you've got to keep the masses happy to avoid revolt. So they gave them bread and circuses.

Now it's benefits, Daytime TV and Big Brother.

Stops them revolting or thinking.

Edited by madf on 06/02/2009 at 18:15

What's a Eoman ?
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Nsar
They drove chariots (motoring link)
I've been too busy reading every news item I can, to see what has been ' buried " whilst this non event has been going on.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - krs one
I think Clarkson's comments are offensive to one eyed people. And idiots.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - JH
Politicians hold us, the electorate in contempt. And the feeling is mutual. We are fortunate to have JC to say what we say, except our voice is not heard. It's too much to ask that Gordon show some shame and go because he has none. I will confess that I was sorry to see Blair go. Much though I disliked him I knew we were in for something worse. Trouble is, whoever you vote for, a politician gets in. Maybe it's time for a ruling monarchy? They, at least, might take a long term view and not blame the party before them? It would be an end to pc at least!
JH
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - malden blue
A bit harsh

We are best placed of all the major economies to benefit from the upturn when it happens

What I meant by British jobs for British people was we are going to provide the training to make sure they can do the jobs

We have put an end to boom and bust

I have saved the world

Or maybe not harsh enough!

Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - JH
Since you put it like that... Symptoms of megalomania? Has anyone checked if he's wearing his underpants outside of his trousers lately? :-)

JH
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Hamsafar
Gordon Brown is also spoken about as the false messiah in the Jewish Tanakh, the Christian Bible and the Muslim Hadiths.

2, 3: He who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God. He speaks therefore of one ruling in the Church, not of heathen kings, and he calls this one the adversary of Christ, because he will devise doctrine conflicting with the Gospel, and will assume to himself divine authority.

. These include "sitting in the temple" (43rd degree freemason), opposing himself against anything that is worshiped, claiming divine authority,[12] working all kinds of counterfeit miracles and signs,[13] and doing all kinds of evil.[14]

Allah is not one eyed while Messsiah, Ad-Dajjal is blind in the right eye. - I asked, 'Who is this?' They replied, 'This is Jesus, son of Mary.' Behind him I saw a man who had very curly hair and was blind in the right eye, resembling Ibn Qatan (i.e. an infidel) in appearance. He was placing his hands on the shoulders of a person while performing Tawaf around the Ka'ba. I asked, 'Who is this? 'They replied, 'The Masih, Ad-Dajjal.

Narrated by Imam Ahmed: From Abu Hurayrah (Radiya Allahu Anhu) said: ?The Messenger of Allaah (Salla Allaho Allihi wa Sallam) said: ?? as for the false messiah, he will be one-eyed, with a wide forehead and broad upper chest, and he will be hunchbacked???

Edited by Hamsafar on 06/02/2009 at 20:12

In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.....
heh heh...
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - Bromptonaut
Describing the PM of the day in derogatory terms is perfectly reasonable in the Mail, Telegraph, Mirror or Morning Star.

More of a problem if your career was built on the avowedly impartial BBC.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - nortones2
What has this debate to do with motoring? There are political jousting arenas for those that like such things, but I thought this site was fairly free of polemic.
JC is a motoring icon, hence the connection. GB hates the motorist and their nasty planet killing contraption on which he feels qualified to comment even though he has neither a science degree or a driving licence.
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - storme
sorry... i thought we live in a free country

1: he is scottish
2: he does have 1 (good) eye
3: some people may/do/could think of him as an idiot

he has his opinion..you have yours

if you keep peoples opinion locked away.....what would we call our country ?

'if you keep peoples opinion locked away.....what would we call our country ?'
Browns Britain ?
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - stunorthants26
>>if you keep peoples opinion locked away.....what would we call our country ?<<

North Korea?
Jeremy Clarkson Quotation: False, or True? - scott1s
The way I see it is thus . . . . . .

If - say - Billy Connolly had made this remark we would be rolling up and down the aisles wailing for surgeons to fix our sides.

1st thing - he is Scottish - fact

2nd - he has only one (working) eye - fact (all the easier to take the eye off the ball then . . .)

3rd - Idiot. JC is entitled to an opinion. That happens to be his (and that of many including myself, although Lying B is what I would say about him and politicians in general) and he is entitled to it.

Why the brouhaha over this? It really is a non-news item. Are opinions now going to start incurring penalty points? this country has gone PC daft if you ask me . . . . . .

Incidentally I am (half) Scottish and live north of Hadrians Wall. I don't find this in any way racially offensive. Funny yes, offensive no.

Edited by Webmaster on 07/02/2009 at 01:06