Trailer license - scrapmetal
I would like to be able to tow a trailer that would carry cars, however my license does not permit large trailers, how do i go about getting this added to my license? do i need to take a trailer towing test? has anyone had to do this and how much did it cost? thanks.

Trailer license - commerdriver
You will need a trailer test if you passed in recent years, my older son passed his yesterday , test itself cost £120 1 hour test plus about half an hour manoeuvres. He had lessons etc for a few days before paid for by his company since he needs to tow occasionally as part of the job,
He will post a reply himself tomorrow evening if you need more details
Trailer license - cub leader
Hi I am assuming that you passed your test after jan 1st 1997 like i did. As commerdriver said I passed my B+E test yesterday in Exeter. The test consisted of 3 off road manouvres - emergency stop, coupling and uncoupling, and a reverse test. There was also an on road test exactly like the normal driving test complete with the 2 maintenance type questions except the test was about an hour long. If you currently have no towing experience it is worth doing a course with an instructor to learn how to manouvre the trailer properly. Hardest thing is to get out of all those bad habits since you passed your driving test!

good luck