05 1.6 urgent help needed locked out ! - carlwest
hello all, i have just bought a citroen c4 05 reg tonight that i have bought as a bit of a project.

i bought the car with only 1 key that didnt have any remote buttons on it so couldnt lock or unlock the car,

so what i dicided to do without thought was to lock it from the inside and climb out of the rear hatch, i didnt want to leave it open all night , anyway i then tried to open the passenger door with the key ,(as the drivers door has no key hole) to find that the key just turns and i cant get in !!

i am wondering if anyone new a way i could get in without having to pay a fortune for a locksmith ?

please please anyone , have you any ideas ,

thanks in advance,

carl

Edited by Pugugly on 30/01/2009 at 22:54

05 1.6 urgent help needed locked out of c4 - steve_earwig
Try squirting some WD (or light oil if you don't have any of that) in the lock and working it with the key. I know on Pugs if they're open & closed with the plip all the time the locks can go stiff, the round and round thing seems to be an anti-"try any key" feature.
05 1.6 urgent help needed locked out of c4 - carlwest
so youre saying the key should unlock it but its lack of use that is causing the key lock to just turn !!
SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 31/01/2009 at 02:19

If it's the right key for the lock, same thing happened with my Pug 406 when the plip broke.
If it's the right key for the lock same thing happened with my Pug 406
when the plip broke.

its the key for the ignition so it should be !! so is it common that the lock just turns when you are trying to open it with the key !! have i just got to keep trying ?
If you only just got the car who knows if it's the right key. Btw I panicked with mine and left the lock upside-down, they won't work like that ever! So, when you're working it keep turning it 180 degrees.
tryed a load of wd40 in the lock with no luck , i notice i can pull the key out what ever position the lock is in i.e 1/4 way round 1/2 way round ect and the key will keep turning full circle !!

as i no the key is good for the ignition i,e has the right chip ect can i get a lock smith to just open the car and then i could get a second hand key of ebay put my chip into it and get a locksmith to recode it for my centrol locking !!

what do you think
That's 'cos the outside part of the lock is turning too, it's either stuck solid or the wrong key.

I don't think a locksmith could code a new plip to your car, I could be wrong of course. Pug usually charge and arm and a leg, I presume Citroen will too. Reading up there's also stuff about primary and secondary plips which I've no idea about, maybe you'd be better off asking this stuff on the French car forum ( www.frenchcarforum.co.uk )

Sorry I can't be of more help. One last suggestion: try it again in the morning...
but could a lock smith get into the car ?

then i could use the key i have for the ignition and then maybe get an aftermarket remote centrol locking system !!

what do you think ?

thanks for all the answers steve
05 1.6 urgent help needed locked out of c4 - rtj70
A locksmith (or RAC/AA) could probably get in. It's not deadlocked because you do not have the remote locking "key".

What did the previous owner do? And with such a good choice of cars did you buy it!?!!?

If you get in this could cost a lot. You need the Citroen remote locking keyfob - after market one is not going to work.

Only thought that might help - you sure there is no lock on the driver door hidden behind a bit of plastic? Or failing that a keyhole on the hatch.

You were a little silly climbing out and locking it with no way of opening it.
its a reposesion and i got it for a good price , i no it was a daft thing to do locking it without checking the key worked first .

i have heard of people putting on aftermarket alarms that have built in r/c/l because of the price of keys !!

just a thought .

so you think that a lock smith should be able to get into it !!
05 1.6 urgent help needed locked out of c4 - rtj70
Depends on how it was locked. Years ago I locked the keys of a hire car (Accord of the Rover 600 vintage) in the boot. They opened the car (AA or RAC cannot remember which) and got the keys to disable alarm etc.

But can you not open the boot with the key? Or drivers door?
Depends on how it was locked. Years ago I locked the keys of a hire car (Accord of the Rover 600 vintage) in the boot. They opened the car (AA or RAC cannot remember which) and got the keys to disable alarm etc.

But can you not open the boot with the key? Or drivers door?

theres no lock on the boot or drivers door !!

tried again today as i put a load of wd40 in the lock and still no joy , looks like ill have to get a auto locksmith to do it !!

i have ordered a key from citroen at £80 then £24 for 2 codes but takes up to 15 days to arrive then they have to have it open to recode the new key and the recode is another £50 , anyways cheers for all replys

carl
05 1.6 urgent help needed locked out of c4 - Daitcho

I know this is an extremely old thread, but I recently came across this problem and searched online only to find no quick fix answers that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Heres how I got in. On the back door at the top (nearest the drivers door) you can prise out the door from the bodywork (obviously protect the paintwork with some plastic) then push down a sturdy piece of wire between the door seals to operate the back window winder, lowering the back window if the back door lock operates then your in, if not you can climb through the back window (with some help), then either retreive your keys or resync them by putting the key in the ignition and turning on then holding the lock button on the key fob for 10 secs then switching off, Hope this helps someone else. It cost me nothing but my time

Edited by Daitcho on 08/08/2018 at 07:37

05 1.6 urgent help needed locked out of c4 - Edward Ozgo

I know this thread is old. But I have a C4 . Same problem. Pried of the plastic cap around key hole. Used heat gun to warm it up. Takes a couple of minutes.

I was surprised by the rubbish behind that cap.