New Bike Test - happytorque
So glad I passed my test in 1981 and dont have to go through this lot.
New Bike Test - 1400ted
Me too ! 1963, It was on a Raleigh Runabout.. I disappeared round the block, examiner jumped out at me for emergency stop and, after a couple of highway code questions, that was that. I could now get on my Vincent Black Shadow 1000cc and roar around the city, picking up chicks...............in my dreams unfortunately !
Ted
New Bike Test - harry m
similar for me the examiner told me he would be along a certain piece of road as there was nobody else there i was well ready for him.as previous posts i would not stand a chance now.
New Bike Test - madux
Me too ! 1963 It was on a Raleigh Runabout.. I could now get on my Vincent..........

Are you sure you could take your bike test on a moped?
Methinks not. A senior moment?
New Bike Test - gmac
How much !?!?!?

Sounds like they are now charging £15 and a bit for the CBT and £75 for the test...
Daylight robbery. How much is it for a car licence these days ?

Edited by gmac on 01/02/2009 at 21:50

New Bike Test - 1400ted
Madux,
I don't thinkI had anything else in 63 but I could be having a very SM. If I remember, you could ride any PTW up to 250cc on a provisional and then anything after passing.
Maybe someone even older than me (you?) may have more memory cells surviving.
Borrowed a 125 Lambretta later and went camping, two up with a mate, to Abersoch.
I do remember that it had no woodruffe key on the rear stub axle and we had to keep feeding it with sixpenny pieces bent in half with pliers. Eventually failed on the way home somewhere on the Caernarfon road, dumped it in a farmyard. Had to get Dad to take us back and pick it up in his Bedford Utilabrake.
Ted