Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - Mick Snutz
Going to a concert on the 12th Feb and wondered what parking was like there?

The dome's website offers reserved ticketless parking by credit card for £17 odd plus a booking fee although their website seems to crash each time I've tried booking.

I just wondered what alternative parking there is nearby.

thanks
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - Woodspeed
Basingstoke?
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - Wilco {P}
I just wondered what alternative parking there is nearby.

Answer - not much! Mostly controlled parking zone. The O2 car parks do sometimes have deals on, otherwise the tube is the way to go, assuming its running.
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - jc2
Got to be public transport;station is just outside main entrance.
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - Alby Back
Stayed in a Travelodge within sight of the Dome last week. "Docklands" branch I think it's called. £40 for the room and £5 to park overnight. Might this work for you ?
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - boxsterboy
I've been to the 02 twice and parking there is really odd. Both times I've paid in advance using a card (both times the website crashed and had to do it by phone!).

But when I get there, they just take your word for it, and there is no ticketing as such. Really weird. There are however pay and display machines, so you can turn up and take your chance. Next time I'm tempted to not pay in advance, turn up and say that I paid in advance and see what happens!

There is no local parking.

By the way, the reason I drove both times (in case there are any pointed fingers) are:
1. First time the Jubilee line was being worked on and there was a bus replacement service - didn't fancy the chances of getting back to Waterloo in time for the last train ;-)
2. Second time we had 7 of us in the car, and the economics of driving made it a no-brainer!
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - Altea Ego
Humph

that was on the other side of the river. Its a wet walk.....
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - Alby Back
Ah right, I'm am but a humble country boy AE !!

Whoops !

Edited by Humph Backbridge on 30/01/2009 at 09:56

Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - krs one
Some guff has been talked above about parking at the 02.

There is a car park right by the dome that serves Greenwich North tube station. It's about 100 yards from the 02, costs six pounds to park all day and has always had spaces when I have been down there.

Failing that there is unlimited free parking at the Sainsbury's/Comet/B and Q site that is visible from the A2. Ten minutes walk to the dome, supposed to be limited to 2 hours max but is unenforced.

Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - Akin
Failing that there is unlimited free parking at the Sainsbury's/Comet/B and Q site that is
visible from the A2. Ten minutes walk to the dome supposed to be limited to
2 hours max but is unenforced.

There is no unlimited parking at the Sinsbury etc. It is enforced and I had got a £120 parking ticket there once for leaving my car there while I went to work
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - rcspeirs
Part of the original planning deal for the Dome (as it then was) with London Borough Greenwich was to deliberately discourage car use. Hence there is limited parking at the site and virtually all surrounding streets have double yellows or residents controlled parking, which in some cases operates 24/7.

An alternative is is a retail park (off the A102, nearer Charlton) with Comet / Sainsbury and a cinema - it's about a half a mile away from O2. You are only supposed to use that car park if you are using those retail premises - and there are gates to block that car park after the shops close. But lately those gates haven't been used. Not sure I;d risk it - but your view may be different.

If you do take public transport (and I would for this venue) the Jubilee line has endless engineering closures at weekends, but it should be running normally (up to 0030) on a weekday evening such as 12 Feb.
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - krs one
The B+Q site is also home to a cinema and restaurants, so it it is very possible that some people could be spending the entire evening. I wasn't suggesting the OP should park there all day, but in the evenings it's not a problem.
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - PoloGirl
Been twice and never had a problem parking in the O2 car park (you might get a deal with your ticket for whatever you're seeing when it arrives, by the way).

Both times I've had to put the card I booked the parking on into the machine on the way in, so I'm not sure about the comments about it being unchecked above.

There is a cinema on the same site, where it's much cheaper to park, but you all use the same entrance. Friend of mine claims that he says he's going to the cinema and parks more cheaply, but I've not been brave enough to try it.

You wont have a problem finding a space - it's huge - just make sure you're in the right lane as you approach the O2 or it gets very complicated as the signage isn't great.

You could always get the train and tube in, and take a boat directly to the O2!
Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - discountcarpark

Hi, this is for all to read please spread the word...

i think i can help, there is a new car park open on Boord St which is just off of millennium way, its only a 5 min walk from the 02 and is open 24/7 its £5 all day perfect for commuters, students teachers and workers and £8 all night perfect for any show or visit to the 02. hope that helps. happy days

Parking at the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome) - Avant

If this is a plug, strictly we shouldn't allow it, but as it's generally useful information let it stand.