Tyre suggestions - Pica
In the next few weeks I need to change the tyres on the CRV. The OEM Bridgestones are OK in the dry but pretty hopeless in the wet. Does anyone have any experience and opinions of the General Grabbers UHP's?
Tyre suggestions - Manatee
I never found the standard Bridgestones 'hopeless' in the wet though the understeer characteristic of the car was very noticeable (and manageable) in the wet on my 2002 CR-V; the post-facelift 2006 one feels markedly more planted, so maybe it's the car rather than the tyres.

Anyway - I've no experience of General Grabbers, but on short acquaintance I'm very happy with the Michelin Latitudes that were fitted on Saturday - as per previous thread 20% off four at Costco until 13/2. They're quieter than the Bridgestones and have been fine in very wet conditions this week. An oddity is that they are BIG - literally. The hard wheel cover was very difficult to get on, and the speedo no longer exaggerates! I have double checked the size of course which is correct.

They are expensive tyres though - unless you're buying from Costco in the next two weeks a set of four will likely be £100 more than the GG's you mention.
Tyre suggestions - Pica
Thanks for the info. I had not considered the Michelins and looking at every CRV I have come across over the last few days have had Bridgestones apart from on 2003 that had Coopers. I am not worried about the cost I just want the best quality and safest tyre that suits the car.
Tyre suggestions - Manatee
One more story - a while ago I mentioned tyres to the service manager at the Honda dealer. He said then that a number of customers who had had Michelins fitted at Costco subsequently complained that they were noisy and that it felt like driving on cobbles, i.e. they could feel every little bump. Costco were selling the Synchrones at the time, which are a bit blockier in the tread (and I think they were the reinforced 102 load rating as well).

The Latitudes have more conventional-looking tread pattern, and although marked M+S are said by Michelin to be designed for "road orientated 4x4 vehicles". I would say they are a bit firmer than the Bridgestones, though it doesn't bother me and it would quite possibly improve the slightly softer sprung (in my judgement) pre-facelift version.

I'm actually quite pleased to have the stiffer reinforced tyre - it's better for stable towing and will perhaps better handle the 70kg or so load on the towball.
Tyre suggestions - Lygonos
Latitudes on the wife's CR-V ('05) are no noisier than the BF Goodrich tyres they replace and feel much better - I think they have stiffer sidewalls, giving much better feel and a bit less roly-poly in bends/on roundabouts. Grip is very good wet and dry.

£320 for four from Costco last month, and I agree pretty much with everything Manatee says. They are M+S rated but feel like good road tyres.
Tyre suggestions - Pica
Thanks again
Tyre suggestions - Pica
Just an update.

Fitted 4 Michelin lattitudes Tours and the car has been transformed. It actually handles very well especially in the wet it also feels much more sure-footed so thanks to all for the recommendations.
Tyre suggestions - turbo11
My sisters CRV had BF Goodrich on as standard.They have now been replaced after 20,000 miles by Goodyear wranglers.She hasn't noticed any difference.She lives on exmoor,so she went for a slightly more off road spec tyre.