Life with a Volvo C30 - ex-Triumph man
Following my experiences with my wife's C30, I have been asked to elaborate upon life with the car. See technical section re loss of power steering assistance.
Basically it is my wife's car (it replaced an S60 D5). The C30 is an R Design Sport SE with the D5 engine. Pulls like a train and whilst I admit I live in a rural part of Scotland, any runs of any length will easily return over 50mpg. It is even more economical than my V50 which has the 2.0D engine.
Yes the boot space is nowhere near as big as the S60. However it will take the weeks' shopping no problem. If you are thinking of buying one, remember it is only a 4-seater.
One other aspect that we like about the car is that being a 2 door, the B post is further back giving a much wider line of sight at junctions.
Would I buy another? Probably yes when I no longer have no need for an estate car. Mind you if the new S60 ever appears, that would tempt me too. It would have to come with the D5 engine.
Life with a Volvo C30 - Falkirk Bairn
>>living in a rural part of Scotland

How do you get servicing?

Volvo dealers are rare outwith the main cities.

Do you have blood in your veins or the Volvo substitute - apart from the police in Stirling you must be about their best customer! V50/S60.................

No Falkirk Bairn. Don't live in your area. Just west of Dumfries. A trip to Carlisle and the big M&S shops keeps SWMBO happy.
Interesting to note Dumfries and Galloway police now using unmarked S60s.
Life with a Volvo C30 - Pugugly
I had a ride in a D5 the other day - the engine note is quite attractive as well !
Life with a Volvo C30 - loskie
Near me at Castle Douglas then. Hello.

Edited by loskie on 22/01/2009 at 13:33

Yes. Near you but in the great metropolis known as Kirkcudbright.
Life with a Volvo C30 - gmac
Mind you if the new S60 ever appears that would tempt me too.
It would have to come with the D5 engine.

That's what I'm holding out for with the new EU5 D5 engine. Looks like it too will be a four seater.
Life with a Volvo C30 - ifithelps
... the great metropolis known as Kirkcudbright....

Go on then, I'll ask first.

How do you pronounce Kirkcudbright?
Life with a Volvo C30 - Old Navy
How do you pronounce Kirkcudbright?

>>

The second "k" is silent. Kir-cud-bright.

Edited by Old Navy on 22/01/2009 at 16:46

Life with a Volvo C30 - ifithelps
Interesting, sure I've heard someone call it "Kir-coo-bree," or perhaps that was somewhere else.
You are spot on with the pronounciation.
Life with a Volvo C30 - Old Navy
Ignore me I was thinking of Kirkcaldy.