OIL ACEA Specs - Andy

I am taking my Volvo D5 (Diesel) into my local dealer for an oil change. My concern is they use Shell Helix Plus semi-synthetic which has an ACEA spec of B3. In the Volvo user manual Volvo specify ACEA B4 for diesels. Is this crucial and should I take in a couple of cans of Mobil 1 for them to use?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
OIL ACEA Specs - Cyd
As long as it's the right grade (eg 10W40 or whatever) I cannot believe that mechanically it will make any difference at all. However, should you ever have to claim on the warranty Volvo may have a getout because you haven't stuck to the specified oil. I'd question the dealer on this point rather than worrying about the oil itself.
OIL ACEA Specs - Andy
Thats what I was concerned about the warranty. I have had a long discussion with the dealerships service manager and as far as he is concerned its black and white. He is arranging for the whole dealership (which is extremely large)to change its bulk oil to comply with the ACEA B4 spec because Volvo mandate the use of ACEA B4 for the D5 engine. Unfortunately Volvo had not passed this onto the dealerships and it is only because I have bothered to read the handbook that this was brought to light.