07 2.2 TDCI 155 Crankshaft pulley/timing chain ten - Brumus
My Mondeo has 31k on it, and will be 2 years old next month. I've just got it back from the local Ford dealer, where I'd left it with a 'rough idling when cold' problem. When I collected it, they told me it would need left back next week, to have the crankshaft pulley and timing chain tensioner replaced. I assume its ok to drive as normal until then... am I right..? I have noticed an odd unevenness to the way it runs, particularly obvious at a constant 2000rpm in 3rd. Any suggestions? Any observations?
07 2.2 TDCI 155 Crankshaft pulley/timing chain ten - GingerTom
When the belt needs adjusting you normally get a rattle which just gets louder and louder but as it's under warranty wait and see what they do.

Your age amd mileage is ripe for it to be the EGR which is a common fault on these. This causes rough running and will also be covered by the warranty.

The STDrivers website deals with the Mondeo 2.2 engine.
07 2.2 TDCI 155 Crankshaft pulley/timing chain ten - Brumus
Thanks for the reply.
I've already had the EGR valve replaced, last April. Car was fine except for intermittent hesitancy and then just refused to start. It was off road for 10 days waiting for Ford to get the part in!
Should they really renew the timing chain (belt?) at the same time as the pulley and tensioner..?
07 2.2 TDCI 155 Crankshaft pulley/timing chain ten - GingerTom
Ford had a special TSB (service advisory) over this part of the engine but it shouldn't really apply to the last of the Mk3s like yours but as it's under warranty let them do what they suggest. It won't cost you anything anyway.

As for the days off the road with the EGR I was in the same boat when mine went at 2.5 years and 25k miles. They were in very short supply. Wonder why!