04 1.8 - Ford TIS (Technical Information System) - Chris M
There is no Haynes manual available for the CMax and I have a number of jobs to do on mine. The first two being replacing the drivers door restraining strap (how do I remove the door trim?) and the other is how do I get at the heater fan as it's noisy when cold.

The Ford TIS (Technical Information System) is available on ebay. Anyone used it? Will it explain how to carry out jobs like the ones above?

Edited by Pugugly on 11/01/2009 at 18:07

04 1.8 - Ford TIS (Technical Information System) - mobmech
The discs I have seen from ebay and similar are of a typical workshop manual design and should give the information you need, but generally are awkward to follow unless you spend a lot of time looking at the disc and its info, to understand their layout.

Dont know about this car specifically but door trim is usually held on by a combination of s/t screws and plastic (hidden) fastners. These will normally break so its worthwhile getting some new ones before you start. Nothing worse than trying to put it back together and it not sitting tight because of a missing bit of 50p fastener!

Heater fan, again I dont know on this car, but they are usually very awkward to access and take time and patience.

TIS disc should help though.
04 1.8 - Ford TIS (Technical Information System) - DP
Very good CD, or at least mine is (also from Ebay). Layout can be a little confusing with the logic behind the menu layout somewhat baffling, but if you can actually find what you need, it's very good. Mine also had a service checksheet generator included in a separate directory which lists the "official" service checksheet items for any service on any Ford model between the early 80's and 2007 (my version)
I've relied on this disc to do various jobs on Fords including routine services, timing belts, water pumps, radiators, heater matrices and suspension bushes, and it has never once set me wrong.
Please bear in mind though, that software obtained in this way is actually illegal, because it has not been properly licensed. Make sure you accept / can live with that before "buying" it on Ebay.

Edited by DP on 11/01/2009 at 21:24

04 1.8 - Ford TIS (Technical Information System) - Chris M
Thanks for the useful replies.