Value of Focus? - y2k+4
Hi guys,

Any idea what the value of a Ford Focus 1.6 Silver special edition is on an 02 plate, with 50k miles. It is due a service and MOT at the end of the month, but has tax til July. It has a full service history and all the extras like heated leather seats, ABS, A/c, etc etc

I only ask cause I've been offered £2,300, which I think is a bit low, given I've seen them on autotrader at £3,495. I had hoped to get £2,800 which I think is fair...but what do you guys think? Is this the affect of the credit crunch?

Thanks in advance...
Value of Focus? - Rhubarb
See: tinyurl.com/9rn643
Value of Focus? - FocusDriver
y2k

Hamsafar is right. On AT there are cars which sit there for months because they're simply overpriced. But yours is attractive with heated leather seats.

If you sell to a private buyer you'd probably get £2,800 eventually. It all depends on how clean it is, bodywork undamaged etc. and whether you value the hassle-free offer of £2,300 rather than dealing with callers/visitors for an extra few hundred quid.
Value of Focus? - woodster
I looked at this thread earlier and I'm certainly no expert but I've had a financial hand in a few car purchases and sales with a friend. I didn't want to be mocked but my instinct was about £2k, so I'd take the £2.3k. I think when we own things we grow fond of them and tend to perhaps overvalue them. It's worth what someone will pay for it, of course, you just have to be prepared to wait for that person.