Any experience of using LED bulbs ? - Xtype
Has anyone had any experience of using LED bulbs for the sidelights etc.
I did buy some LED bulbs for my kitchen lights and was very dissapointed with the light output.
I saw these: tinyurl.com/9ztyvo

Any experience of using LED bulbs ? - Kevin
Does your Jag have bulb failure indication?

My XJ is very choosy about different brands of filament bulbs never mind LEDs.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=70...2

Kevin...
dont think it does though never had a bulb fail so not 100% but there is nothingin the manual stating bulb failure notice.
Any experience of using LED bulbs ? - Kevin
On the XJ it illuminates the yellow warning lamp next to the speedometer and displays something like "Rear Bulb Failure" on the digital display/trip computer at the bottom of the speedo.

Kevin...
Looking on the web you can get 4, 6 and 9 LED's. Has anyone had any first hand experience of installing these and which unit works best. Id like them to blend in with the current lighting. Perhaps the 9 LED could be overkill?
Any experience of using LED bulbs ? - Hamsafar
Hello, I have used various designs of these in the past, the 4 LED ones should fit in any light where the standard W5W bulb fits, but the ones with more LEDs will need a bigger hole, and may not fit, but they are usually fine for map reading or puddle lights etc... but not for sidelights where they are inserted through a hole from the back of the reflector. They are not quite as bright as a W5W in my opinion but are whiter. In my experience, they only last about 18 months before strobing and flickering or before one of more of the LEDs goes super-dim.

These ones are better...
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1803...1
They use the later LEDs which require a heatsink (the metal shroud) search ebay for "LED W5W" to find the cheapest. I bought 4 of these a couple of years ago, two were kept as spares, and one just started to strobe, so I replaced them both with the spares and realised the spares were noticeably brighter, so they do degrade with use.

I have replaced all of my interior lights with Red ones of the above, as I like the submarine look. In the map reading lights, I used 9 LED W5Ws I used to have white ones but mixed with the red it made the interior pink! so I replaced them with red ones now, and it is nice.

I have also seen cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3002...9
which would probably be better if the LEDs are decent, as they shine the light in all directions within the lamp, rather than straight forwards.

Years ago, I tried LED clusters in the rear cluster and they were junk so I sent them back. They simply don't give off anywhere near enough light and don't utilise the reflectors inside the lamp.

Good luck.
Any experience of using LED bulbs ? - freddy1
being a biker (old brit bike) we have trouble with vibration , fracturing stop/tail bulbs , the LED unit sold for cars are no good , as they do not light the No plate, I fitted a 48 LED 380 bulb , from ebay (hong kong) and was more than happy.

contact Paul goff , on his website (google) for LEDs with a lifetine warrenty
Regarding number plates - are LED's anygood on lighting car number plates? They obviously have a reflector built into the car so would this disrupt the LED light path and make it appear very dim?
I think this is the problem people have had in the past:- installing LED's into units with reflectors just doesnt work.
Any experience of using LED bulbs ? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Got a couple for my BMW (bike) number plate. There are several designs available and some issue more light along the longitidinal axis rather than sideways. So be careful in your choice. If you have a CANBUS(?) system you may need to get bulbs with a built in resistor to avoid confusing the electronic brain, apparently.