Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - oilrag
Yes, I`m tired of the the old (persistent) one concerning the 1967 cream and red Triumph twin. Its still there in the shed in the interface between memory and something else perhaps.. Worst of all is never getting to ride it again and not being able to find the shed. Its there though gleaming and smelling of oil, petrol and rubber on certain nights as owls fly silently over the house under a full moon.

Amazing how that persists and yet the Yamaha SR500 single never appears.

That`s dreams for you I guess... So what should I go and sit on in a showroom to try to generate something new? I have a 34" inside leg and long arms and feel scrunched up on some modern bikes that don`t have a flat seat to allow you to sit further back.

oilrag - The power (if I could find the shed) in dreams..

Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - v8man
I'm tall and found the Aprillia RSV1000 comfortable to ride. I'm considering one of these next. You can get a good deal from DK Motorcyles in Newcastle under Lyme.
Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - mss1tw
LMFAO, a '67 Triumph twin to a noughties era firebreathing monster!
Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - George Porge
I lust after a Buell and I've not even taken my test, beautifull.

tinyurl.com/85kwkb
Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - mss1tw
I have ridden one, it was nice enough but a bit turbo-dieselly, you're just thinking 'Yeah that's alright innit' and then it's hit the limiter. Would pull a house diwn though and sounds nicer than your average TDI!
Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - Harleyman
Harley Sportster XL1200R. Had mine for three years, fast, reliable and comfortable.

It reminds me very much of a well-sorted Norton Commando Interstate, but without the oil leaks and breakdowns!
Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Being biased ,I'd say a BMW boxer twin. They are ergonomically proportioned for the larger rider and higher seats are available for people with generous leg measurements.
They are much faster than a Harley, ;>0, and mine has also been reliable and very comfortable one or two up.
Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - Martin Devon
LMFAO a '67 Triumph twin to a noughties era firebreathing monster!

LMFAO ??

vbr......MD
Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - ceg999
For not much money you can get a Kawasaki ZR7. Production ended in 2004 (i think). These bikes were aimed directly at large, nostalgic old gits (ie me). Solid good looking old style design with a proper headlamp and a metal tank, but modern brakes and suspension. Aircooled 750 cc four pot. Two valves per cylinder. Good for 130mph allegedly, but their forte is in the mid range where they are a hoot, or on long rides where they are comfortable, even two up, and have a 230+ mile range. Simple enough for home maintenance and a good owners forum with loads of info.
Or, if you've got lots of money get a BMW
Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
......and you don't have to dress like the Village People. ;<)

But agreed, BMW quality [& Harley image] costs.
Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - oilrag
"and you don't have to dress like the Village People. ;<) "

That right - because my thread is about dreaming bikes - not actually riding them ;-)

;-) an original take I thought - biking and the subconscious .....The 60`s open road is still in there - somewhere

Edited by oilrag on 31/12/2008 at 15:54

Finding a `dream bike` for the new year.... - ceg999
Oilrag, dreaming is for losers....Either do it, or forget it.