Update after 6 months with Freelander 2 - injection doc
Just an update, just reached the 6 month mark & almost 6000miles with a Freelander2 auto. Well what can I say, Hasn't returned to the dealer yet as it has been faultless.
Fuel consumption now vastly improving with a 340mile round trip 80% on motorway with crusie control returned 37mpg at 70mph over 170 miles & 42mpg over 170 mile return trip with the cc set at 65 on the return
I know that there was a post saying that the auto box hunts around gears but I cannot even make it hunt even at 30 mph on narrow roads. The auto box has been a dream & after 33 years of motoring finally converted to auto.
The performance 4x4 with only a 2.2 engine is excellent & the ride & handling is great, extremley quiet,Kids love sitting in the back as the vision is so good & load space is good.
I now smile every time a park in a car park there is always a good gap when vehicles park iether side! guess they don't like getting their doors dinged. When ever I parked my Jag in a car park cars were always nearly hugging the thing when I returned & door dings were common.
Lets hope the next 6 months is as good as the last . keep you posted & Merry Christmas to you all.
I Doc
Update after 6 months with Freelander 2 - vulcan7
Pleased your enjoying the Freelander long may it continue.

I never even park next to a 4x4 or large van but sometimes they park next to me.

I've got the dings to prove it !