Furniture Boss in "roadside attack" court told (L) - Falkirk Bairn
A council engineer told a jury today he was attacked by the multi-millionaire boss of one of Britain's best-known furniture chains in an "road rage" incident.

Keith Pearce said Lord Kirkham, the founder and chief executive of DFS, pushed his thumbs into his eyes and scratched at his face before punching him a number of times.

Mr Pearce, who works as an engineer for Doncaster council, told Doncaster Crown Court the incident happened as he was driving to work on April 29.

If found guilty Lord Kirkham could be jailed, put on probation or fined .
or a combination of these.

I wonder if he was fined if it would interest free for 4 years with nothing to pay for 12 months!

Edited by Pugugly on 19/12/2008 at 10:19

Furniture Boss in "roadside attack" court told. - NowWheels
I wonder if he was fined if it would interest free for 4 years with
nothing to pay for 12 months!

Yes, but he would be told that the fine of £x,000 was part of a special time-limited sale, reduced from £x0,000
Furniture Boss in "roadside attack" court told. - 1400ted
I have never understood why these leather suite companies don't try advertising on TV...it could be worthwhile !
Ted
Furniture Boss in "roadside attack" court told. - Fullchat
And a reduced fine offer that finished on Sunday!
Furniture Boss in "roadside attack" court told. - L'escargot
Keith Pearce said Lord Kirkham the founder and chief executive of DFS .......

Just being pedantic, Lord Kirkham was the founder of Northern Upholstery Ltd, not DFS. The chain adopted the name of DFS following the acquisition of the former Direct Furniture Supplies.

Furniture Boss in "roadside attack" court told. - glowplug
He should be locked up for the adverts alone, never mind the furniture or the road rage attack.

It's just up the road from me, shame he didn't pick on a ex steelworker/miner, etc.

Steve.
Furniture Boss in "roadside attack" court told. - Pugugly
You're right glowplug.