2004 1.4 Warm Starting Problem - nijay
I've got a 2004 Renault Scenic 1.4 Authentic that has a warm starting problem.

It starts fine when cold, and also restarts fine when warm if restarted immediatley, but if the car has been left for anything more than about 15 minutes and you try to start it, it fires OK but then almost immediatley dies. You can repeat this up to 3 or 4 times before the engine will idle successfully. If you can catch it on the accelerator you can keep it revving and then it's OK. I've changed the crankshaft positioning sensor & the air inlet temperature sensor. I was going to change the engine coolant temperature sensor next. Has anybody else had a similar problem ?
2004 1.4 Warm Starting Problem - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Although the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) has not come on it would be worthwhile getting the codes read. Failure of the fuel/system relay is not uncommon and would be identified by a fault narration like "coil 1 & 4 Open circuit, Coil 2 &3 open circuit, fuel pump open circuit." The relay is not expensive and my local dealer has them in stock.
Most code readers will get into your Renault.
2004 1.4 Warm Starting Problem - nijay
Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to say in the problem description that I've there are no fault codes showing on the ecu. My local garage plugged their fault code reader into the diagnostic port and didn't find any problems.

Snipquote!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/12/2008 at 10:25