02 1.5 dci 80 Loss of power! - scott830
Help please. My Clio dCI 80 suddenly lost power the other day. No power at low revs unless the revs got to 3,200 rpm then the turbo came back into play and everything seemed normal. Fifth gear at motorway speeds was a waste of time.
Local (non Renault) garage diagnosed the problem as the ERG (intermittent notice on the diagnostics) although the car is now working ok (Typical).
No warning lights at all!

Any ideas???

Thanks
Scott

Edited by Pugugly on 15/12/2008 at 23:11

02 1.5 dci 80 Loss of power! - 02skn
Take the EGR valve out and give it a clean. It is a pretty easy job. Lift the air box out of the way, undo the three bolts holding the valve in pull out the electrical lead and then give it a tap with a mallet and drift. You will probably find it is gummed up. Clean with petrol or similar. Have search on google for clio egr faults and it should bring up some pictures for you. It is a fairly easy job for an amateur jobber. Did it on my wifes car and no such problems have occured since.
02 1.5 dci 80 Loss of power! - TR7fan
Just like to say thank you to O2skn for is advice on cleaning the EGR valve.
My Nieces Clio 1.5 DCI 54 reg had suffered a loss of power. Cleaning the valve appears to have fixed the problem.
02 1.5 dci 80 Loss of power! - Altea Ego
On an 02 reg clio, its probably best to get a new revised EGR.,
02 1.5 dci 80 Loss of power! - scott830
Hi. Thanks for the advice. So, my main question is... Does this diagnosis fit with the symptoms!
Also I have been quoted £160 for the parts plus labor... Is this reasonable??

Thanks
Scott
02 1.5 dci 80 Loss of power! - 02skn
Like i said earlier, give it a clean, what have you got to lose. Pointless paying for a new valve if its not needed. Remember to have a look on google for some pictures. It really is an easy diy job.
02 1.5 dci 80 Loss of power! - clio 1.5dci 54
Hi

My car has done the same thing as yours - what did you do in the end?

I have 54 clio 1.5dci and all of a sudden its really slow and need to really put the accelerator down before it goes anywhere!

Thanks