Dealers `new - old stock` leaves on trees - oilrag
I noticed a main dealer in the South had pre - registered cars for sale. Registered in September - and lots of demonstrators with a few miles on the clock. Photographing them in front of Summer trees and foliage - perhaps seemed attractive at the time.. Now, on their website, it seems weird to see in the depths of December and about to roll over into 2009 in just over 2 weeks.
Looking further - it seems its a large percentage of their stock has age clues even on other (non foliage) shots the sun is high and bright - as depicted by the shadows.

(Funny things backgrounds in photos they can reveal or deflect from the real picture ....)

I know the factories are reducing output and airfields are seemingly well stocked.. But perhaps re-photographing the stock with bare trees in the background would make it a little less unnerving?
How long can you leave Summer leaves shots of new stock like that? Without it seeming like the `Outer Limits` visiting the site.
Dealers `new - old stock` leaves on trees - pd
Through to May when the trees will have leaves on again.
Dealers `new - old stock` leaves on trees - Hamsafar
Interesting! Now you have said it I have looked at pictures of used cars on Autotrader and they too look at least a few months old. Look at these Phaetons... e.g.

tinyurl.com/6qs4cj

(PS that's not my postcode in the URL)

Edited by Hamsafar on 15/12/2008 at 13:13

Dealers `new - old stock` leaves on trees - Alanovich
NO!!! Don't start me off on Phaetons again! ARRGGH!!!!!!!
Dealers `new - old stock` leaves on trees - rtj70
Some of the Phaetons were very reasonable... and a lot is shared/given to the Bentley which is heavily based on it.... Nice.

But a single failure could cost a fortune - like it would on a BMW 7-series, MB S-Class, Audi A8, Lexus LS430 etc.

Not bangernomics at all but a lot of car for your money.
Dealers `new - old stock` leaves on trees - oldnotbold
Even better when a dealer drops the price on his stock, but fails to delete the old ad at the higher price!

Marlow Cars' 5.0 TDi Black Phaeton is on at both £22,000 and £20,000 - perfect!

Edited by oldnotbold on 15/12/2008 at 13:49

Dealers `new - old stock` leaves on trees - movilogo
You can always check when the tax ran out in DVLA site. It reveals that some cars for sale there there for 10-12 months!!