98 1.6 Equivalent part numbers to Vauxhall? - jase1
I'm after buying a replacement idle control valve for my Daewoo Nubira 1.6.

The Daewoo part number is 59602. Looking on the web it would appear that this part may well be identical to the valve suitable for the 1.4/1.6 Astra (91-98 model), which is part number 17113196.

The Vauxhall components are available from ebay among other sources for about £20-25. The Daewoo part, however, seems to be like hen's teeth in this country and seems only to be available from GM themselves at a cost of over £100.

The 59602 part is available from a number of Polish websites (I believe this car is still built over there and sells in quite large numbers) for about the same price as the Vauxhall part is in the UK. I refuse to believe that there is any fundamental difference in complexity between the two.

I have ascertained that, physically, 59602 and 17113196 are indeed identical, and so the Vauxhall part would physically fit.

I have sent off an email to the Polish suppliers in question in severely broken Polish to see if they will sell to the UK. Meanwhile can anyone confirm if indeed these are compatible parts?
98 1.6 Equivalent part numbers to Vauxhall? - SpamCan61 {P}
Might be worth giving some of the independant Vauxhall parts suppliers ( e.g. Autovaux) a ring.
98 1.6 Equivalent part numbers to Vauxhall? - stevekay
Could you get one from a scrapper for a few quid and try it?
98 1.6 Equivalent part numbers to Vauxhall? - jase1
I'll have a word with Autovaux, thanks.

The problem with buying one from a scrapper is (a) if it doesn't work, I won't know if it was faulty or incompatible, and (b) it'll probably end up almost as expensive as a new one....

Looking at the various parts it seems that they aren't quite the same after all. The direction of the socket on the back is different depending on part number.

*If* that is the only difference, then the difference between Vauxhall part 17108187 and the Daewoo part is only a few degrees (the Daewoo part is around 25 degrees clockwise of the Vauxhall one).

At the prices they're going for I may well take a punt -- they're a five minute fit and I could always resell the part for a small loss if it's no good.