Why so many Ford threads? - Rattle
I can't hope noticing that nearly every thread in technical is about Fords.

Now nearly al my mates have Fords and have never really had any problems with them, my family for the past 8 years have also bought quite a few Fords and generaly have loved them.

My ancient MK4 Firsta feels as good to drive as my old learner MK3 Clio did until the clutch went.

So why are there so many Ford faults? Is it because they are so common faults tend to indexed in Google and people reply to them? Or is it that Fords are actually unreliable? My only personal gripe against Ford is rust proofing.
Why so many Ford threads? - Blue {P}
Very common on the roads therefore they are very common in the technical forums.

Based on my anecdotal experience Fords aren't much worse than Nissan for reliability although I'm sure that a chart somewhere says that I'm wrong!

Why so many Ford threads? - RichieW
Remember the technical queries section is not a random or proportional selection of owners experiences. It's all self selected.

Ford owners may tend to :

1. be more mechanically curious.
2. be less inclined to pay the dealer to sort the problem.
3. believe their cars are simple enough to fix themselves.
4. believe that their cars are so popular that any fault will have been reported before.
5. believe other owners will share their experiences with each other.
plus 101 other reasons.

All these reasons and many more may make Ford queries more prevalent. The above reasons also may not be accurate or true.

Of course it might just be the case that Fords are all sheds;-)

Ford owner btw.

I suspect if you look at earlier snapshots in time you may find other marques being "popular" and dominating the tech section for all the wrong reasons too.

Edited by RichieW on 14/12/2008 at 09:19

Why so many Ford threads? - Andrew-T
>So why are there so many Ford faults?

Perhaps you have started a fashion, Rattle? :-)
Why so many Ford threads? - mfarrow
Possible reasons:

1. Because you started them all Rattle ;-)
  2. Ford owners aren't intelligent enough to do a forum search
  3. Ford parts are reasonably inexpensive, therefore people are likely to keep them longer
  4. Every other thread in Technical is titled "my heater only blows cold air"
  5. People don't bother asking about Rovers any more - there're no parts available to fix them with!
Why so many Ford threads? - Rattle
OI!

I have only ever started about 12 threads related to the heater control valve! :p And yep it annoys me too, I think HG should have a bot which automaticaly replies to those threads "HCV".

I think it is the inexpensive parts which keeps them on the road, I still see hubndered of 10 year old plus Fiestas every day mine is 13 and is not by a mile the oldest Fiesta running in my area.

I thought Rover parts were still easy to get hold off as the business which makes parts is was not MG Rover?
Why so many Ford threads? - Mapmaker
>>mine is 13 and is not by a mile the oldest Fiesta running in my area.

Yup, but YOURS is NOT running...

Why so many Ford threads? - the swiss tony
snipquote - sigh! Please try reading HJ's sticky post
Yup but YOURS is NOT running...

MEOW!!!! and I was worried I had upset Rattle by questioning his driving! ;-)

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/12/2008 at 00:18

Why so many Ford threads? - vulcan7
Old cars still running just has to be micra's not sure K12's will last as long though.

Just look under the bonnet of an old micra like a watch in comparison to a Fiesta and I like Fiesta's nearly bought one once.
Why so many Ford threads? - Stuartli
>>I thought Rover parts were still easy to get hold off as the business which makes parts is was not MG Rover?>>

Just one of many links, apart from X-Part:

tinyurl.com/5fcpjj
Why so many Ford threads? - Avant
"I think HG should have a bot which automaticaly replies to those threads "HCV"."

Is this some technospeak which has passed me by? Or maybe HG is HJ's alter ego - Honest George with a bottom the shape of a Renault Megane?