C-Max 1.6 TDCI engine cut out - wasssup007
I have read the discussions regarding the Ford Mondeo TDCI glow plug engine cut out issue and wonder if someone could tell me if this is happening to my c-max.

It will cut out EVERY time if left to idle for say 5mins or so then as soon as the throttle is touched the engine cuts out, it has also cuts out occasionally on gear change while driving (VERY DANGEROUS!). The engine warning light sometimes come on, not always. She ALWAYS restarts after cut out and electrics do not seem to be affected.

Is this a sensor issue (throttle?), ECU update issue or Fuel Pump issue, my local mechanic has tested the system twice and a fuel pressure problem appears (among others), the filter has been changed by him, but not fixed problem.

PLEASE HELP,

D

C-Max 1.6 TDCI engine cut out - MikeTorque
Very concerning to say the least. Best not to drive the car in it's current state and have it sorted by a garage with expertise with this engine. I'm not sure what the problem is though but my Focus has the same engine so personally I'd ship it off to be sorted and have a courtesy car in the meantime. Be interested to know what's causing the problems you are experiencing. Anyone else have any ideas ?