1997 4.0 immobiliser - offroader
Hi My panel lights were not working and while driving home i discovered that my back lights were not working either.
The next day i went out to have a look at the problem and i could not get it started i found that the immobilser would not work ,i got an auto electrian to have a look and he found that it had blown a fuse, it started and while demonstrating how he had fix the problem he pressed the fob and activated the alarm and thats where it all went wrong
now the truck starts and runs for few seconds and cuts out.
I have been in touch with May & Scofield the manufacturer and they said that there man is now off till the new year. and i'm up a gum tree.
anyone help please
1997 4.0 immobiliser - Jeepdave
Hi,

Immobilisers eh! More trouble than they're worth.

I had a similar problem with one of my Jeeps a while back, and although it sounds strange, it was the crankshaft position sensor. If there is no impulse from the sensor it will instruct the ECU to activate the immobilser. This is not definate, but it is worth checking out.
Mine was a Cherokee, but they have the same systems.
1997 4.0 immobiliser - MerlinTec
Hi
Do a battery reset (disconnect it and leave it for 5 minutes then reconnect). Other then that your immobiliser unit has probably lost the VIN number and will need to be reset at the dealer with the may and scofield security card and DRB.
1997 4.0 immobiliser - offroader
Hi Merlin
Just an update, As my immobiliser is not a factory fit I've been told that i have to send it to May and Scofield for them to reset the whole shooting match.
thanks for pointing me in the right direction