1996 2.0 heating problem - phil200506
hi all ive recently bought a lugna est and heating never been very warm just luke warm and with cold frost coming if i run the car to boiling point with no heating on then turn it on in the front fans it comes out hot then comes out luke warm any one else had this is it a easy job to sort out thanxs

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 11/12/2008 at 18:29

1996 2.o heating problem - Javalin
Sounds like an airlock in the heat exchanger to the cabin. I assume there is no air-con?

When its warm, try massaging the coolant pipes from the engine to the cabin (rubber hoses) and see if that clears it. Else there may be a bleed valve on one - used like bleeding a radiator at home.

Cheers,

James
1996 2.o heating problem - phil200506
thanxs for the info i forgot the air con it has air con to but that is off
i will give that one a try
1996 2.0 heating problem - Fernando P
IIRC there are bleed valves at the top of the rad (off side) and at the top of the either the inlet or outlet pipe to the internal heat exchanger. You can disconnect both pipes (without spilling much) and run (soft) water in until they fill up then reconnect one, top up then reconnect the other. Then heat up and release any air via the bleed screw, which should complete the water flow circuit. But the heaters of the "old" Lags never got very warm until nearly turned full on. Hope this helps.
1996 2.0 heating problem - Peter.N.
If your water temperature is running below normal it could be a defective thermostat.

Edited by Peter.N. on 11/12/2008 at 23:13