Van advice Iveco daily - maintenanceman
I know this is a car orientated site but was hoping someone could poin me in the direction for some van advice. I want some more info on the Iveco daily 29L11 circa 2002. Specifically at what age or mileage does the cam belt need changing.
Failing any direct knowledge, can anyone point me in the direction of a forum for Vans or Iveco vans.
Thanks
Van advice Iveco daily - Dwight Van Driver
tinyurl.com/5wl8a3

.........wow

dvd
Van advice Iveco daily - PR {P}
We (the family business) runs a fleet of 5 Ivecos ranging from 3.5 tonne LWB to 2 7.5T box vans and all are ok. They have all been reliable and no major problems. Not sure on the belt changes, try calling your local dealer and asking them.
Van advice Iveco daily - Harleyman
Not much I can add to dvd,s post here, except to say that if you're doing this for a new customer, you'll soon be on first name terms with him!

The clue with Ivecos is that you used to see a lot of them built as ambulances; not any more.

Their bigger trucks are no great shakes either, cheap and nasty.
Van advice Iveco daily - jag
i see the op on the link is getting a crafter, oh dear. jag.
Van advice Iveco daily - DP
I loved the reference in that link to Sprinters as "empty tin cans with rocket engines bolted onto them", and as having "terrifying pace for something so unwieldy!"

That pretty much exactly summed up my thoughts after an exhilarating white knuckle passenger ride in an unladen and enthusiastically driven example last year.

Back-in-the-seat acceleration, and multiple gear wheelspin (in damp conditions) feels very alien, and more than a little uncomfortable in something which feels like it's going to fall on its side on every roundabout. Very amusing though.

A very worthy successor to the legendary mk2 Bedford Astramax in the "comically rapid van" stakes.

Cheers
DP
Van advice Iveco daily - JohnPug
The earlier Sprinters '03 and before were complete animals when unladen and in damp or wet conditions. They tamed the beasts after then with traction control and ABS, made a world of difference.
The new shape Sprinters '06 on are different again, not as quick, but more comfortable to drive and easier for work.