Amusing the kids in the car - Altea Ego
Ok Its a bit of a fudge to keep it motoring but

I am deeply saddened by the death of Oliver Postgate, creator of the wonderful tales of Noggin the Nog ( and my lifestyle hero nogbad the bad ), and of course Ivor the Engine.

I was lucky to have (now lost) some cassettes of:
In the lands of the North, where the Black Rocks stand guard against the cold sea, in the dark night that is very long the Men of the Northlands sit by their great log fires and they tell a tale..

Kept me, the wife and youngish son amused on long journeys.

Amusing the kids in the car - PoloGirl
Me too, although Nogbad scared me witless.

Bagpuss was my favourite thing, still have one on the parcelshelf of my car (there's one motoring link).

And whenever I was sad about Polo breaking when I was younger, the Passatdriver used to sing "We will fix it" at me to cheer me up. (There's the other motoring link).

RIP Mr Postgate.

(And yes, you have to keep this motoring!)
Amusing the kids in the car - CGNorwich
And yes, you have to keep this motoring!

I think Mr Postgate favoured the railways as per Ivor the Engine
Amusing the kids in the car - commerdriver
Equally saddened but probably his biggest motoring connection is the number of cars with a small bagpuss on the dash, SWMBO had one for years, only removed as the kids drove it more. I was always amazed at the number of others I used to see in car parks.
Amusing the kids in the car - boxsterboy
The Clangers was my favourite of his. I clearly remember my brothers and I forcing poor old Mum to make us each a Clanger out of an old sock, just like the ones they made on Blue Peter.
Amusing the kids in the car - Brit_in_Germany
I always thought that the cats on the dash or hanging from the rearview mirror were a way of notching up the score of the number of kills, like fighter pilots. Was I mistaken?
Amusing the kids in the car - billy25
Often see "Garfield" mogs spread-eagled on various rear windows, and often "real" Moggys spread-eagled on Radiator Grills!

Billy