Ford Focus MK1 (Face Lift) - i1986
Hi.

Can anybody tell me what changes were made to the Ford Focus MK1 when it was face-lifted in 2002?

Were these changes purely cosmetic and external?

Or, were any of the internal components replaced and/or improved? If so, which ones?

Thanks!
Ford Focus MK1 (Face Lift) - dieselicious
indicators were moved into the headlight assemblies

i think the upper dash plastics were softer on the facelifted car

Thanks for your reply!

However, besides the cosmetic/aesthetic changes, was any of the running gear, suspension, etc replaced and/or improved when the Focus was face-lifted (i.e. were any known problems ironed out, therefore making the car more reliable?)?

Thanks!
Ford Focus MK1 (Face Lift) - L'escargot
It depends on the variant ~ Zetec, Ghia etc. What variant were you thinking of?
Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm looking at the Zetec models.

Thanks!
Ford Focus MK1 (Face Lift) - Blue {P}
Running gear was pretty much the same IIRC, I certainly can't think of any differences between them apart from cosmetic, never noticed anything driving them either and I used to drive lots of different Foci every day.

Ford Focus MK1 (Face Lift) - ifithelps
I think the facelift in 2002 was the first to have the new common rail Tdci diesel engine - late 02 or 52 plate onwards.

Earlier cars had the Tddi - just one letter difference, but an enormous difference in the drive.

The Tddi was a noisy, rough old tractor of an engine, although someone will be along in a minute to say it was much more reliable.

Did the dreaded dual mass flywheel arrive with the Tdci? - I expect it did.

Ford Focus MK1 (Face Lift) - DP
I had pre and post facelift models (TDDi LX) and there was no difference in how they drove. Post facelift was much better specced though, with alloys and ABS as standard. It also got a CD player instead of a cassette deck. The post facelift car also had a Quickclear screen and heated mirrors, although I think these were part of an option pack.

Shame they never fixed the one part of the car that really did need attention - the seats.