1997 2.0 Help needed with my damaged keyfob - vvprabhu
I bought a peugeot 406 with a badly damaged remote key. The blade is fine and works well. However, the fob is missing the rubber buttons and one of the smaller buttons(that will be under the rubber part) on the chip also. I know this key is still working as I can short the switch to lock and unlock my car.

I did think of buying a new fob but I am not able to take out the key blade to insert into the new fob.

I have 2 questions :

1. Is there any way I can buy the buttons and also the internal buttons and make this key fob work.

2. How do I take out the key blade from my existing key fob? (some forums said to pull using brute force but I would think there is a better method)

Please advice. My aim is to have a working remote key in the most economical way.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/11/2008 at 23:29

1997 2.0 Help needed with my damaged keyfob - gsb
Sorry don't know about the small button but the rubber cover you can get here tinyurl.com/5zwrc9
1997 2.0 Help needed with my damaged keyfob - McP
What does the switch look like?

I replaced one on my X reg Primera
www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6186.

You could buy a replacement fob and program it to open the car but still use you original key/fob to start the car.

From a quick ebay browse, it looks like the 406 blade has a hole in the end. Presumably this is moulded into the fob, hence the need for brute force?
1997 2.0 Help needed with my damaged keyfob - vvprabhu
Thanks, I have thought about separate fob and key as the last option. I will keep looking for some more time and see if I get some other solution.