2007 1.9 Poor Fuel Economy After Crash - MultiJet19
Scratching my head on this one. I own a 2007 Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Multi Jet Elegenza. Recently a taxi driver decided to pull out in front of me on a dual carraige way, meaning I drove into the side of him, his fault. My car has been repaired, new bumper, wings, bonnet, radiator, washer bottle etc etc. Any how I have now noticed that my average fuel consumption has gone from being about 42mpg down to 35mpg after the crash. The only thing I can think is that when the accident happened all the coolant from the engine leaked out of the pipe that connects to the intercooler. I have noticed a coolant leak since its been repaired, they took it back and re-connected something, but it is still giving bad MPG figuresand also the turbo is nosier now as well. Can anyone advise me please.
2007 1.9 Poor Fuel Economy After Crash - rtj70
You say the turbo is noiser. Could it have been damaged? If yes then they should have replace it. Could account for poor mpg.
The damage was focussed to the front passenger side, the driver side front where the turbo is postioned wasnt damaged, though not sure whether the crash impact beam made contact. Best way to describe the noise is, like its more strained build of turbo whistle. It always whistled before but not a strained woosh sound.
2007 1.9 Poor Fuel Economy After Crash - rtj70
I wasn't thinking about direct impact but the force of the crash. Someone more knowledgable than me will be along soon.
Cheers
2007 1.9 Poor Fuel Economy After Crash - Screwloose

I wonder if you cracked the intercooler or crushed a pipe?
2007 1.9 Poor Fuel Economy After Crash - Simon
Well if it is a 2007 model car and there is nothing obvious that is still broken why not take it back to the Fiat dealer and let them have a look. If it is a component that has coincidentally failed then it should be replaced under warranty, if it is something that the bodyshop have missed then you can get the car back to them and tell them what needs sorting and present them with the bill from Fiat etc.

Have you actually given it a few fuel tanks full since it was repaired so that you have got a proper mpg drop figure? How long is it since it was repaired? Also have you been in contact with the bodyshop about this issue - did you mention it when it went back for the coolant leak to be sorted?
Its booked in for Monday to be looked at, I wan to tgo in, and point them in the right direction as Fiat dealers can be notoriosuly bad. It has been back to the repair garage who said something wasnt connected properly which may of lead to the poor mpg. I got it back on the 13 Nov and took it on numerous runs.