2002. 1.6 - central locking problem - madiesdaddy
hi all hope someone can help my 307 amongst other problems has decided it does not want to unlock i can get in my drivers door and boot the other doors sound like they are unlocking but i cant open them have been told it may be the dead locks any ideas it is really anoying me now

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/11/2008 at 02:58

central locking - Armitage Shanks {p}
Is it the same with both keys, assuming you have two? Why not try a change of the battery in the key fob, to try to isolate the problem?

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 22/11/2008 at 11:57

central locking - madiesdaddy
Hi. i have changed the battery twice but still not working. Thanks for the suggestion
central locking - Ian (Cape Town)
Try opening the doors with the key. and the boot.
Then get in the back seat (make sure you disengage the kiddie lock first!) and lock/unlock and open the door several times. keep your finger on the locking devices - can you feel a vibration as if they WANT to work?
A good spray of lube on all the locking mechanisms could help as well - back make sure to activate/deactivate them several times to get the lube in the right places.
i can all ready get into my drivers door and boot using the key and fob its just my passenger doors that wont open i can hear all the moters working in the doors they just wont open. allso cant disengage child locks because u have to open the doors to get to the swich thanx matey
central locking - rtj70
If they do not open using the key (and you've changed the battery anyway) then it's not the keyfob, is it??

You've not had a very chilli night and low temperatures all day thus freezing the locks that don't open. I only suggest that as a slight possibility as it one happened to me - central locking could be hard unlocking and immediately relock.

When you say passenger doors don't open - does the front passenger open from the outside okay? And if not does it open from the inside?
no the front passenger door does not open from eather side i have had this problem for 8 days now so dont think they could be frozen
central locking - rtj70
I mentioned freezing as it is getting colder in certain parts.

Sounds like the locks do indeed have a problem and hopefully someone on this forum can help. Indeed this thread should be in technical and so will be moved shortly. The odd thing is the number of doors affected. One lock going wrong fine but multiple doors at the same time.

Edited by rtj70 on 22/11/2008 at 17:26

yes this is odd when will the thread be moved sorry for posting in the wrong aria hope someone in the right area can help thanks for you help

Moved to Technical Matters, Rob (Moderator)

Edited by rtj70 on 22/11/2008 at 18:45

central locking - Dynamic Dave
Year of manufacture would be helpful so that one of us can add it to the subject header. DD - another moderator.
its a 2002. 1.6 petrol. automatic. lx
central locking - Screwloose

Have you ever noticed any dampness in the front passenger footwell?
no but i do have big checkerplate car mats
central locking - Screwloose

Check for water getting into the BSI; under the dash near the passenger's doorpost.
2002. 1.6 - central locking problem - Eddiesteyn
hi all hope someone can help my 307 amongst other problems has decided it does not want to unlock i can get in my drivers door and boot the other doors sound like they are unlocking but i cant open them have been told it may be the dead locks any ideas it is really anoying me now

Hi All Apologies for resurrecting an old post, but my 307 has the same fault and I haven't seen a solution anywhere. Any ideas? @madiesdaddy did you manage to solve the problem?
2002. 1.6 - central locking problem - Gibbo_Wirral

Its well documented on peugeotforms.

2002. 1.6 - central locking problem - Eddiesteyn
Everything I've found on the forums says that the locks are faulty. I don't believe that this is the case as all 3 passenger doors are suddenly not working. 2 hours earlier they all worked drove for 2 hours on a bumpy road and now the 3 passenger doors won't open.
2002. 1.6 - central locking problem - Gibbo_Wirral

Ah, now if you'd said that earlier!

You need to check the wiring to the control unit, its probably a bad connection after the bumpy drive.

Discnnect and give a liberal spraying with electrical contact cleaner.

Also check your battery connections and the three earth points (including the one hidden under the battery tray).