Honda jazz new vs old fuel economy - sajid
i been browsing on the net and reading various magazines on the new honda jazz, i myself have the old jazz a 2003 1.4 se, now autocar tested the new jazz a 1.4 with ivtec 16 valve and the fuel economy was 35 mpg and was according to them fair, did honda say that the fuel economy of the new jazz was 53 mpg?

the old jazz probably got superior fuel economy in real driving just wondering if any one got the new jazz and what is the fuel economy like.

pity they got rid of the old idsi engine, the advantage of the old idsi engine is that the torque figure is at the lower rev range compared to the new engine.

wondering if honda making or mulling over the thought of a type r jazz??
Honda jazz new vs old fuel economy - nortones2
The torque figures given are just the maximum reading: perhaps more important is the "shape" of the torque curve. So far as I can tell, the Dsi has a small advantage up to 3000 rpm, but the iVTEC engine is more impressive beyond that. Autocar got 35mpg, but they also test it to destruction (or nearly) so more normal driving would be quite different. Quite like the idea of 1.5 engine, with 120 hp for the Jazz, in a vehicle weighing not much more than the original Golf GTI. Time will tell: until then I'm not buying the current anodyne offerings. I like a little scope, even if its not used that often:)
Honda jazz new vs old fuel economy - nortones2
I've found a torque curve for the 1.3 Jazz (its only promoted to 1.4 in the UK!) here: tinyurl.com/6sy9he Warning: 9 pages:)
Honda jazz new vs old fuel economy - Bill Payer
I think the current (previous) 1.3/1.4 Jazz is perfectly adequate - the torque does make the engine feel more powerful than it (as a reference point my own car is Merc 270CDi, Jazz is really Mrs BP's).

I'll be interested to drive the VVTi engine, but I doubt the average Jazz ever goes over 3000RPM in its life!
Honda jazz new vs old fuel economy - E27002
I have tested a 2009 Jazz 1.2SE and a 2008 1.4 SE dSI Jazz back to back over the same 15 minute test drive.

I reset the gauge on both drives to zero before leaving the dealer car park, on return the 1.2 SE gave 53.3 mpg, the old 1.4Dsi gave 47 mpg,
Honda jazz new vs old fuel economy - tyro
I have tested a 2009 Jazz 1.2SE and a 2008 1.4 SE dSI Jazz back to back

Any other interesting observations on how the two of them compared?