Fiat Panda Co level - Daedalus
I am trying to set the CO level on our 1990 1000S Panda but have not been able to get any info on what the levels are supposed to be. The car uses a Weber carb and there is a screw on the nearhand side of the carb body next to the idle adjustment that looks as if its going to be the adjuster. Can anyone supply the info I need on the CO and am I looking at the correct adjustment screw. As is normal with any big Auto company the website is useless for this sort of info, OK if you want to buy a new car on finance, anything else especially older models and they dont want to know!

Thanks in advance.

Bill
Fiat Panda CO level - Daedalus
Sorry that should have read OFFSIDE of the carb body.

Bill
Fiat Panda CO level - Pete
Hello Bill.
The mixture screw is the one you mention, horizontal, approached from the drivers side of the car and hidden inside a tubular part of the casting.

As to the CO level, the book ( Fiat book ) says 1.5% plus or minus 0.5% at 750rpm. I have no machine to check this but I find that if you turn the mixture screw fully in ( just to where it touches, dont crunch it down because its a taper seat )and then turn it out by three and a half turns, this should be about right.

Mine is an 89 1000S btw and its the best car I have ever owned. Rgds petel@clara.co.uk