04 2.0 Servicing Costs - haggisbasher
My husband's Merc is due a service - 30,000 miles. This apparently is called the 'D' service and he has been told it is the most expensive service - and I think so at a quote of £900 from the local Mercedes dealer!!!

How do I convince him to take it to an independent garage who service Mercedes at probably half this price. Also anyone else out there used such a garage for servicing their Merc and been happy - we live in Kent.

Thanks
Haggisbasher
04 2.0 Servicing Costs - Downesi1
In short don't! if you have Mobilo you will loose your'e right to use it. This is the 30 year roadside assitance and warrenty. False economy
04 2.0 Servicing Costs - Downesi1
Suggest you post the question here to get the full sorty of what you may loose;

www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/
04 2.0 Servicing Costs - JohnM{P}
As you are in Kent, would using a MB agent in France be a cheaper option? (You need to check if it keeps your 20yr assurance valid...)
04 2.0 Servicing Costs - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
While my W210 was in its first flush of youth I took it to MB in Ashford, Half the cost of the MB dealer at Gatwick but 160 mile round trip. Servicing in France sounds interesting. I do the service myself now using MB parts every 6000 miles but I know its going to affect its resale value as it doesnt have MB stamps in the book.( But nobody is going to want it as its been dragging a twin axle caravan all over Europe during its life.....!)