Any bikers out there? - The Melting Snowman
Just wondering if there are any other motorbikers out there?

If so, what do you ride?

I have a Kawasaki Ninja 650R and a Vespa 125. I use the Vespa for popping into towns and the 'other one' for a bit more extreme fun...

Do you think biking is still fun? I love it.
Any bikers out there? - mss1tw
There are other bikers on here. I have an Africa Twin 750 and a VFR 750 - the VFR isn't a runner at the moment due to a misfire problem.

Haven't had a car for over a year now!
Any bikers out there? - Pugugly
BMWR1200GS and a retro Honda CB650 Nighthawk

Edited by Pugugly on 12/11/2008 at 22:28

Any bikers out there? - bikerider
Suzuki SV 650s
Any bikers out there? - rebel
Yamaha FJ1200

Love it but haven't had much time to ride it this year.
Any bikers out there? - 1400ted
Due to arthritis in gearchange leg, gone for an automatic. Honda FJS 600 Silverwing.
582cc double overhead cam, 8 valve injected flat twin. 0-60 in 5.7 secs, 115 mph.
CVT tansmission. Great bike.
Also Raliegh RM!, 50cc, 1958 and 1966 Velocette Le 149cc.
Ted
Any bikers out there? - Fullchat
Triumph 1050 Sprint in Caspian Blue - the fastest colour!
Any bikers out there? - Geordie1
Triumph Bonneville (modern version which doesn't leak oil all over the driveway!)
Any bikers out there? - Niallster
Triumph Tiger, BMW 80GS.

Nice to see a female biker Miss. Africa Twin is a tough machine.
Any bikers out there? - NARU
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (Fazer)
Any bikers out there? - Clk Sec
and a Vespa 125

My first mode of conveyance was a Vespa 125, followed by an Auto Vap.

Quite a while ago, though.

Clk Sec
Any bikers out there? - Collos25
I have an old Simson awo425 in my sons garage rescued from destruction just after the wall came down in Germany very interesting bike now runs after a fashion, it was just to good to let it be thrown away.Simson made some unusual bikes including a 8 speed 50cc and I think 125cc rotary until the East german government told them to concentrate on scooters and let MZ make proper bikes.
Any bikers out there? - DP
Kawasaki ZZR600. My first bike, which I bought six years ago, kept through the various others we've owned, and never quite managed to part with. It's a bit of a shed, and worth about £700 on a good day, but I love it.
Any bikers out there? - mss1tw
Nice to see a female biker Miss. Africa Twin is a tough machine.

Soft enough for girls as they say (But I'm actually a bloke - it's an old Uni username!)
Any bikers out there? - Clanger
My ride is a Suzuki V-Strom 650.

Edited by Hawkeye {P} on 13/11/2008 at 08:51

Any bikers out there? - Simon
I own a Yamaha YZF-R6
Any bikers out there? - martint123
1998 Yamaha R1, 85,000 miles.
1999 Honda SLR650 big single for laughs and towns/traffic.

Edited by martint123 on 13/11/2008 at 11:02

Any bikers out there? - Westpig
1998 Honda Blackbird, in black....absolutely immaculate. Bought it off a mate 5 years ago, who had it from new in the Middle East (Swiss spec, so speedo in kmh). He had it in his house in Oman because the house was air conditioned, it used to live under his stairs on a polished marble floor!

my little brother, a bike mechanic, serviced it a few years back and when i got it back it had a dyno jet kit, K&N air filter and sports exhausts....which it really didn't need as it was plenty quick enough in the first place, although the louder exhausts are very handy when filtering or poised for an overtake on another bike that you're not convinced they know you're there...(they're quite civilised at normal speeds and only get really louder when you noticeably rev it...which normally you don't need to).
Any bikers out there? - Mike 996
66.67% of a 1995 Triumph Thunderbird. It will be 100% when I get running on all three cylinders !
Mike.
Any bikers out there? - apm
I have a 2000 Fazer 600, and I love it. Commutes to London and for fun. Had a few bikes over the years, least favourite an early 80's Z250 and most favourite (along with my current machine) a Monster 900.

Alex.
Any bikers out there? - Mr.Tee43
2008 Yamaha FZ1 in Grey just like this one.

www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/model360/7/1/3...x

Got it in March this year and done just about 5000 miles to date.

Before this I had a Suzuki SV1000S
Any bikers out there? - harry m
2007 suzuki 650 bandit with abs love it to bits sunshine riding only.i'm 61 now last bike i had was a honda 400 super dream which i sold about 20 years ago.must say when i first rode this it frightened the life out of me but really enjoying now.
Any bikers out there? - J Bonington Jagworth
And me. Suzi 500GS. Cheap to run, cheerful to ride and lots of fun in decent weather (so haven't used it so much this year..).
Any bikers out there? - billy25
I had a Suzuki 200 x5 a few years ago, but i I fell off it once and hurt my knee, so I gave it to a friend, who had it a couple of months before wrapping it around a tree and killing himself. Never fancied one again somehow.

Billy
Any bikers out there? - dieselnut
BMW R1200GS for the road & an old 1991 Honda CBR600 to use for track days.
Any bikers out there? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
BMW R1150R and a Raleigh "mountain bike".
Any bikers out there? - ForumNeedsModerating
Several BMWs boxers/one four & various Japanese singles/multis previously, now looking to buy a Honda CBF1000 - an old codgers' bike apparently! Use to earn my living, many years ago, on bikes.
Any bikers out there? - ifithelps
Saw a 58-reg Hayabusa today, it was parked otherwise I probably wouldn't have seen it.
Any bikers out there? - bazza
Yeah, Bandit 650S, the new water-cooled one, plenty quick enough for me. And a CBF 500 now and again, currently looking for a winter hack now the salt is back.
Any bikers out there? - paulb {P}
Yep - unfaired Bandit 600, Y-reg. Thanks to work pressure, haven't been out on it in ages.
Any bikers out there? - zookeeper
BMW R1150R and a Raleigh "mountain bike".
ive still got the raleigh mountain bike but i miss my old honda cb750kz dohc..
Any bikers out there? - GandA
Used to have a 900 Trophy T305. Lovely bike but a bit too tall for me as I'm a bit of a shorty. Had a ride on a new CBF1000 when they had first came out. Nice bike and excellent reviews from all the mags but couldn't justify the price tag for a toy. I ended up with an XJR 1300 on an 04 plate instead. It isn't much good for scratching down the lanes though !!!!!!!!!
Any bikers out there? - happytorque
Ive got a Honda CB 1100 - X11......its basically an 1137cc Blackbird but without the fairing. I dont see many of them around and it goes like stink!! Love it; will never sell it.
Any bikers out there? - Martin Devon
Fantic 300 twin shock trials bike. Bought new in 1984 and covered perhaps 300km. Can't bear to part with it and only get out occasionally.

MD
Any bikers out there? - The Melting Snowman
There are more of us than I thought. Interesting. Went out for a good ride today, blasting down the Cotswolds to Gloucester. Nothing overtook me :-)
Any bikers out there? - martint123
The fuse blew today on my heated grips - as did the replacement - Oh Dear - most unpleasant.

All the bike parking spaces were full up in Bridlington this morning, damn cold but nice and sunny.

Edited by martint123 on 16/11/2008 at 13:24

Any bikers out there? - Chrome
Oh yes..............!!

Suzuki 1200 S Bandit (2004) - Japanese air/oil cooled 4 stroke, de-catted with an aftermarket exhaust, 110bhp, max torque at 4000 rpm, revs up to 11,000 rpm, 70mph @ 4000 rpm. 50mpg. Rather quick :)

MZ ETZ250 (1988) - old East German (DDR) filthy 2-stroke, no performance to speak of but costs nowt to run (annual service is a new spark plug, gearbox oil change and points check), 60mpg. and is now an appreciating assett!

Ride on...........

Edited by Chrome on 16/11/2008 at 16:25