01 2.0 no turbo and only one fault code - sarge7
hi im new on the forum and would like to know why the turbo has cut out on my friends 307 hdi i have just changed the particulate filter and filled the liquid levels that cleared one code for antipoluuttion filter and now have just one code coming up which is po246 (turbo pressure solenoid valve) is this a quick fix? i have been readind the forrums and found screwloose to be something of a genius when it comes to the peugeot any help will b greatly appreciated....

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 12/11/2008 at 12:31

01 2.0 no turbo and only one fault code - Screwloose

Can your reader access PSA codes or just EOBD? Did the Eolys level counter reset OK in the additive ECU?

The turbo control solenoid is on the solenoid plate on the front of the engine; that code suggests that the voltage returning to the ECU is below parameters. Check the solenoid's resistance [5-15 Ohms] and for wiring breaks.
hi wow thx 4 quick response i have the snap on solus reader im using..the car is fine not in limp mode and i have erased fault codes but still have no turbo power how do i reset the ecu to let it know that its now full with new liquids ??? thx

I doubt that a Solus can do a counter reset - [unless it's on the latest £800 update?] do you have "additive ECU" on the options list?

The P0246 code is an electrical code for the turbo solenoid's circuit. As the ECU has lost control of the boost level; it will stay in limp until that fault is fixed.
the car doesnt feel like it is in limp mode it will drive and get to eventuall speed but with no turbo ... if i get it in a peugeot garage so they can use their software it might cost me as much just to buy a solenoid valve ...... what procedure is best thx

Limp mode is virtually no turbo. The code is only a guide to something the ECU has noticed.

To check a P0246 code.
Remove plug from solenoid and check its resistance is between 5 and 15 Ohms.
If correct; check that the cable coded 6768A is briefly 12v at key-on.
If so; check the resistance of the other cable [coded 1271] back to the ECU's plug C, terminal B4. Should be virtually 0 Ohms.
hi thx for advise i will b carrying out all tests and will get back in touch thx again you are a rare bloke...
hi mate just thought i would update you on the 307 ....... i checked all solenoid valves and found that they were all ok so i took them all off and tested the vacuum on them....i then drilled and enlarged all the valves inlet and outlet sides...replaced them and we have boost...... the cat is now changed fluids topped up and the ECU has been restored to let it know that all work has been done ... i even had to open the fuel cap to let the sensor know that i was putting fuel in anyways so far so good ........thanks again for your help and your knowledge it has saved my mate from floggin it off and he has a smile back on his face priceless cheers screw loose......

Not an approach I've ever tried - but it worked, so maybe there was a blockage...?

If it keeps the customer happy....
01 2.0 no turbo and only one fault code - Peugeot 307 2004 hdi
Hi, I have the same fault code P0246 and same symptoms as this thread.

Screw loose hoping you will be able to give some advise. I have replaced the solenoid just in case it was at fault as its simple to do (problem persists) and this is showing 18 Ohms.

You refer to cable coded 6768A - where can I locate this?

Cable 1271 - where is this located? (I have identified ECU's plug C, terminal B4

From the plug that goes into the solenoid the two wires entering this have codes 1254A (white) and A10 151 (yellow).

The car is a 2004 307 hdi

Thanks
01 2.0 no turbo and only one fault code - galileo

Screwloose has not posted for some years, unfortunately. Along with Number Cruncher one of the most knowledgeable and helpful contributors.

Happily we have a number of similarly expert members now, one of whom may be able to assist. (I hesitate to suggest who I would name as omission from this esteemed class might offend)

01 2.0 no turbo and only one fault code - hardway

Just a suggestion as you've already replaced the solenoid have you checked there's actually vacuum at the small bore pipe?

Vac route is from the vac pump to the solenoid then down to the turbo actuator.

And as the default position when there's no vac is turbo OFF.

Check the vac.

Hi thanks for the quick response.

Just checked and yes there is vacuum at the pipe and outlet of the Solenoid.

I am unsure how the the solenoid works and how the electrical plug is involved?

The fault code I have is P0246 as identified earlier in the thread. There is no power as the turbo is not getting going.

Thanks in advance for any help
Note sure if it's worth adding that I can feel the vacuum at idle, I didn't have anyone home to see if it increases with revs
01 2.0 no turbo and only one fault code - Gibbo_Wirral

Google "Peugeot Planet Owners Map" to find some local fellow Pug owners with dealer level diagnostic equipment.