not many about...any good? - legacylad
I popped into my local indie this morning to book my car in for some work. The owner is a full fledged petrolhead, always working on something unusual...this time a softop TR8. We had a chat about reliable, everyday softops, and our considered opinion was that the MX5 and Honda S2000 were the best. In third place (on looks alone) was the Nissan 350Z which he had no experience of.
Has anyone in the BR ever owned, or know of anyone who has first hand experience?
Just an idle thought because my fiance and I hanker after a softop...we have both owned Spitfire's in past lives, and I had an Elise as everyday transport for 3 years.The latter would not really be practical for touring holidays.
not many about...any good? - CJay{P}
I was fortunate enough to have one for a 48 hour test drive. I have never driven a S2000, so cannot comment.
The MX5 is best described as 'soft' compared to a 350Z. It is a brute of a car, with a wonderful engine note - very, very entertaining, masculine car. Great fun.
not many about...any good? - Falkirk Bairn
The value of 350z is plummeting - many have grown roots having been on the forecourt so long.

That said they are good cars - just a bit expensive to keep on the road.

not many about...any good? - GandA
A friend of mine has a rag top 350 and has just been hit with £400 for road tax renewal. The value of all gas guzzlers is currently in free fall so you need to ask yourself a couple of questions. Can I accept the depreciation? Is the "advantage" of more horses and torques worth the cost?
not many about...any good? - gmac
A friend of mine has a rag top 350 and has just been hit with
£400 for road tax renewal.

Hardly what you would call a hit when you consider what this type of car generally costs to run.
A set of tyres would be more than that. An annual service will probably top that figure. Insurance will not be small change even with a good driving history.

As discussed in another thread the heavy depreciation is down to the dealers making derisory offers on trade ins in general which have made the buying public think twice about changing car so it has come back to bite the dealers.

I cannot believe the buyers of 3+ litre sports cars will have difficulty finding the few hundered to tax them. It would suggest a car which is not going to get the TLC it needs in other areas.

Edited by gmac on 11/11/2008 at 19:15

not many about...any good? - Blue {P}
A friend of mine has a rag top 350 and has just been hit with
£400 for road tax renewal.

How? I thought that NO grouping currently cost this much?