My car's first MoT - Rudedog
My new car is due it's first MoT next year.

How will I know exactly when to book it in? Will it be due on the date that I took delivery of the car or maybe when the garage did the PDI on it.

Also will I still be able to take it in a month early to have the test and still get the certificate post-dated like I could if I already had a MoT?

<

Edited by Pugugly on 10/11/2008 at 21:28

My cars first MoT - Pugugly
Date if first registration and yes, you'll get a 13 month ticket.
My cars first MoT - Dynamic Dave
Remember to take along your log book / V5 (or whatever it's called these days) as proof of first registration.
My cars first MoT - NARU
Remember to take along your log book / V5

Didn't think it was needed any more, now that we're on computerised MOTs?
My cars first MoT - andyfr
>> Remember to take along your log book / V5
Didn't think it was needed any more now that we're on computerised MOTs?

You are correct Marlot.
My cars first MoT - Falkirk Bairn
Getthe car checked over by an Indie before the end of the warranty. (30 mins??)

That way you can get it fixed @ manufacturer's expense. then get MoT done (at indie?)
My cars first MoT - DP
I had the Scenic's first test done at the dealer in the last week of the warranty, just in case it should fail on any warranty applicable items. I needn't have worried as it turned out, but if the worst had happened, to me it made perfect sense for the MOT inspector and the people responsible for submitting the warranty claims to be one and the same company.

Cheers
DP
My cars first MoT - Dynamic Dave
Didn't think it was needed any more now that we're on computerised MOTs?

Things must have changed since I last had a first MOT on a car some 18 months ago.

But saying that, when I took my 23 yr old motorbike for an MOT a couple of months ago, they asked for the previous certificate (for the date) so that they could give me a 13 month MOT.
My cars first MoT - Steve Pearce
I didn't have to provide any documentation when I recently put my Picasso through its first MOT. This was a small independent outfit and not the dealer.
My cars first MoT - martint123
I'd take your V5 to play safe. One months worth of MOT isn't worth much, but for the sake of carrying it "just in case" might be wise.