1997 1.7 Fan/Heater not working - sally
Firstly, thank you to the eleckie/ac dr for his advice on changing the pollen filter. Nearly broke my neck, but am flushed with success. HOWEVER the fan/heating is not working still. I have had the climate control mended and it is fine now, but still no air blowing. Any thoughts anyone? Thanks Sally
1997 1.7 Fan/Heater not working - elekie&a/c doctor
Chapter 2 ,the fan speed regulator.This is most likely the cause of the fan motor not working.On the E36 model it is situated on the left side of the heater unit in passenger footwell,almost directly opposite the pollen filter.It is only possible to see the 5 pin connector in its fitted position and is located on plastic lugs,so a good tug will pull it out.Part is around £50.
1997 1.7 Fan/Heater not working - sally
Thank you again - will try and get one tomorrow and fit it. Heating on these cars clearly an issue! I'll let you know my progress. Thanks Sally
1997 1.7 Fan/Heater not working - BeemerCoupe
did this work?? i have the same problem with mine. when the fan works (intermittently) it blows out hot or cold depending how its set, but a lot of the time the fan wont work at all
1997 1.7 Fan/Heater not working - danbmwm3
i have this same problem in my 1992 e36, any info on how to remove the motor itself??
1997 1.7 Fan/Heater not working - Jonny Ray
Here is some info on the problem
forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100...4

Here is a link to replacing the blower motor
www.sqbimmer.com/dump/e36_blower_motor/

Heres a link to replacing the Resistor final stage unit (Digital fan speed control on 1996 and newer cars)
www.bmwe36blog.com/2008/01/17/fixing-bmw-e36-blowe.../