2000 1.9D Changing renault kangoo wheel bearing - thepainterman
Hi,
Great place here,loads of information.

Looking for advice really.

My x reg kangoo van has slowly been making more and more noise from the nsf whee now it's pretty constant so I took it to a local budget and they said it was the wheel bearing then said it might be the driveshaft.
Now having been shafted by these kind of firms before .e.g they Know what it is but are looking for more cash I am wondering if I could change the wheel bearing on the van myself,is it a big job or relatively straight forward.They quoted £90 which tells me it's not a hard job.
I have some basic mechanical know how but haven't done a wheel bearing before.
I realise I'd have to get the haynes manual just looking for pointers as to wether this is diy or not.

Also id the driveshaft hard to do as I'd have everything stripped for the wheel bearing anyway.

Thanks for any help guys would be much appreciated.
I'd like to be able to do some work on a van myself.
2000 1.9D Changing renault kangoo wheel bearing - RichardW
Have you got a socket big enough to undo the hub nut? Have you got a big breaker bar to turn said socket with? Have you got a 10t hydraulic press to change the bearing with? With these items WB is a couple of hours work for the apprentice, without the first two it is impossible, without the press it is all day's hammering and swearing, and then taking the hub to the garage to get them to press the bearing in and out anyway :-))

The drive components on a Kangoo are notoriously weak, so it could well be a drive shaft.
2000 1.9D Changing renault kangoo wheel bearing - Andrew-T
It's a Renault - I'd bet on the wheel bearing. Get an indy to do it - not too expensive.
2000 1.9D Changing renault kangoo wheel bearing - piston power
I use a large vice and a big socket to push the new bearing back in on the many i have done, but it is donkey work.

The press is ideal and time saving, im tight so i struggle on lol.

As for the drive shaft you may be able to split the drive shaft end that fits through the bearing etc. good luck..
2000 1.9D Changing renault kangoo wheel bearing - thepainterman
Thanks for the replies guys.
Think I'll pass and get a someone to do it for me.

Without the advice here I'd have prob tried it and caused myself alot of grief so replies were appreciated.