2003 1.8 Power steering problem - wellman
I have had my Vectra from new and it has now covered 31000 miles. Recently the power steering has developed a fault. When the vehicle is started from cold or is say just ticking over the power steering is not working and it is like driving a car without power steering, when the engine has some revs on and has warmed up the power assistance improves but it is not as it should be.

Before I run up some large repair bills I would appreciate some idea of what maybe wrong and what sort of cost is likely to be involved.

Edited by Pugugly on 21/10/2008 at 23:03

2003 1.8 Power Steering Problem - topbloke
first port of call will be a battery check and then a charging system check, the system that you have is known as EHPS Electro Hydralic Power Steering, if either is not up to scratch then this will/can cause problems
2003 1.8 Power Steering Problem - wellman
Many thanks for your help, have tried a new battery and checked the charging equipment to no avail, will now have look deeper for other causes.
Many thanks

2003 1.8 Power Steering Problem - topbloke
next port of call then would be a code read for the ehps and then follow the diagnostic's. try these guy's if you need a new unit
www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=Vauxhall_Ve...p

Edited by topbloke on 22/10/2008 at 08:55