2002 2.0 Sport - Heater blower on but ignition off - Wales Forester
I got into my Forester yesterday to find the heater blower running, this was before I'd put the key in the ignition. I always have it on at least number 1 when using the car. When I tried to start the car the battery was flat, presumably caused by the blower running since it was last used over 24hrs previously.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
I have since tried to replicate the fault but it now seems to be behaving.

Just to confirm, the car had been left with the key removed and locked as usual (Sigma CAT1 system).

I've left the blower switched off for now but I'm bound to forget at some stage and don't want to risk another flat battery episode.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
2002 2.0 Sport - Heater blower on but ignition off - pleiades
I have a 2000 S Turbo and from some wiring diagrams I have for a LHD US vehicle there is shown a blower relay so maybe this got stuck on, in theory it the relay should be in the car compartment under the dash on the right where the interior fuses are situated behind the pull out coin tray otherwise could be some sort of odd feed back thru the stereo etc., but really no idea! - you could try the Forester forum - www.subaruforester.org - european section as some very knowledgable types but obscure electrical faults normally very hard to identify from a distance. Good luck..