2003 1.5 Immobiliser fault - lordloopy
Desperately need help with intermittent fault with the immobiliser on my trusty ex Postman Pat Renault Kangoo. The problem is the red light on the dash sometimes won?t go off, it can take up to 15 minutes of turning the ignition on and off before it will start. The problem is the same with all three keys, original fault stored showed ring sender this has been replaced. Has been back into Renault to be diagnosed but no faults are stored. The Renault handbook states the vehicle should not start with the red light on (which it doesn?t for us) , however the Renault technician said it would start with the red light on and low and behold it did but alas never to happen again. Have been told batteries in the keys have no connection to the chips to work the immobiliser, is this correct? If anyone out there could help my sanity may be restored I am now at the Basil Fawlty stage with the Austin 1100 and getting ready to give it a dam good thrashing!
2003 1.5 Immobiliser fault - David G.I.Davies
The problem here is possibly the engine control relay which is the small black relay in the underbonnet fusebox on nearside inner wing.Try renewing this and see what happens,it is not expensive and a common fault.
David Davies
2003 1.5 Immobiliser fault - lordloopy
Quick message to say have replaced the engine management relay, all prpblems have been cured, thank you very much for saving our sanity and an awful lot of money.