Aftermarket parking sensor recommendations - DP
Can anyone recommend a decent set of aftermarket rear parking sensors to fit the in-laws Volvo V50? There are stacks of them on t'internet and on Ebay specifically, most of which are (alarmingly) cheap, but the inlaws don't mind paying a bit more if it means they actually work.
I have a cheap Ebay set on my S60 fitted by the previous owner, which work well when in close proximity to something, but emit very annoying "random" beeps when reversing in clear space.
If anyone has any experience with specific makes / models, I'd be grateful if you could share them.

Cheers in advance
DP
Aftermarket parking sensor recommendations - TheOilBurner
They could always consider fitting the proper Volvo ones from the accessory catalog?

Won't be cheap, but they'll work properly, mute the stereo (and phone if fitted) when in use and can be turned off with the touch of a button. IIRC, the V50 may also show a hazard screen with distance and position of obstruction from the car, the S80 does.

Just don't bother with front mounted sensors, the new S80 I had for a while had these and they were prone to false alerts.
Aftermarket parking sensor recommendations - Lud
Was driven a short distance in a friend's pregnant-shark shape Primera last night. There was a colour screen in the middle of the facia, illuminated when I got in the car. But it wasn't a satnav, or phone, or video or anything like that. Perhaps the on-board computer readout. I started to sneer about it, but then the owner pressed a button and the screen showed a gritty, documentary-style monochrome video shot, from a camera placed heaven knows where, of the car's back bumper and the road behind it. Might be useful sometimes as rear vision from the driver's seat isn't all that brilliant.

Seems quite a nice car in its way but it leads a terribly circumscribed life. She won't go out of town in it and I doubt if it's ever gone over 50mph in her hands. Spends all its time parked and in slow traffic.
Aftermarket parking sensor recommendations - Paul G1pdc
cpc.farnell.com/reversing-aids
look here, they sell reversing cameras with screens, or the cheap and cheerful beeping
versions.....
when I had my s40 I fitted a pair of cheap stick on sensors. no holes drilled into the bumpers, and the cable fed into the car via the rubber grommet in the spare wheel well, I guess its there for towbar wiring.
when the car was sold I asked the buyers if they wanted it removed as no damage was caused to the car when fitting it.....being a saloon they wanted it left where it was...
good luck finding a system you like.
Paul.
v40. (wifes)
gt avalanche 3.0 (mine!!!)