04 1.6 Insp indicator--how do you cancel? - argybargy
My Vauxhall Meriva 1.6 Enjoy is out of warranty.
The word "Insp" now comes up above the odometer for a few seconds when you start the car to tell me it needs a service-- which its already had just a few hundred miles ago, from an independent mechanic.
I assume this indicator is something which is cancelled by Vauxhall when they service these cars under warranty, but does anyone know how I can cancel it? The handbook tells you what it means, but unsurprisingly gives no clue as to how to get rid of it. Its obviously not a serious issue, but still annoying.
Cheers in advance.
04 1.6 Insp indicator--how do you cancel? - shadyarea
If its the same as a astra you hold the trip button in switch engine on and carry
on holding button in for 10seconds then it resets.
04 1.6 Insp indicator--how do you cancel? - Dynamic Dave
Depending on year, you might need to press the brake pedal at the same time as the trip reset.

See www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=60...4 for further info.

04 1.6 Insp indicator--how do you cancel? - topbloke
ing off, press and hold trip reset button and at same time turn ing on, insp will flash, continue to hold for ten seconds and the mileage till the next service will be displayed, release button, turn off ing, turn back on to check that reset has worked.
04 1.6 Insp indicator--how do you cancel? - argybargy
Done and dusted this morning in accordance with instructions as above--thanks to all for your advice. (:0)