Citroen C5 Estate recalls - now UK? - simonjl
I am in the process of buying a Citroen C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive SE estate - my dealer told me the car was in the UK as of last week.

I heard today that there is a delay due to a recall by Citroen UK - does anybody know if this is related to the reported estaterecall in Germany?

And before anybody says I'm mad to buy one I've had approx 17 "new" cars in 23 years of driveing from many manufacturers from VW to Isuzu and many subject to recalls. Ask the 40,000 BMW Mini owners who are now subject to a gearbox recall or my friend who has a Mercedes ML270 that had a complete new gearbox after 500 miles.

Simon JL
Citroen C5 Estate recalls - now UK? - Ben79
See groups.yahoo.com/group/C5-L for a very active C5 list. You will find lovers, haters and people like me who are still dreamers.

A lot of people have had the rear spheres changed for higher pressure ones, as it makes the ride softer, yet the Hydractive 3 suspension still stiffens up when you press on in the twisty bits.

The straw poll there shows that out of 25 people, 4 wouldn't buy another C5 and 7 out of the 25 would want a 2.2 HDI next time they bought a C5.

I'm not an owner, but you are getting the car they most desire.

Ben
Citroen C5 Estate recalls - now UK? - midlifecrisis
I'm sorry, but you two really do need to get out more. The words 'Citroen C5' and 'Desirable' really do not go together.
Citroen C5 Estate recalls - now UK? - deepseamark
I have had my 2.0 Hdi C5 Estate for 6 weeks now i have done 5000 miles which included a long drive to Spain and back. I am happy to say the car has not missed a beat, I am really pleased with all aspects of the car and I would certainly buy another one.

Citroen C5 Estate recalls - now UK? - Dave N
'I am happy to say the car has not missed a beat'

I should think not! 500K miles without missing a beat would be worth shouting about, but 5K?
Citroen C5 Estate recalls - now UK? - crazed
ha ha its french

Citroen C5 Estate recalls - now UK? - BJ
My C5 Estate 2.2HDi Excellence has 8,500 on the clock, and not missed a beat. But, I have a problem and am wondering if you or any one you know of has experienced a similar problem. My car caught fire recently. The fireproof cover attached to the underneath of the bonnet caught fire, apparently, according to Citroen, probably caused by a lighted cigarette end! Given that the engine compartment is practically enclosed, I doubt it. I would be pleased to hear from you or any one who may have had a similar experience.

BJ
I have had my C5 2.2 HDi for about the same time and have driven to South of France etc. Have you experienced or know of any one else who has had a fire in the engine compartment? The fireproof cover attached to the underneath of the bonnet caught fire on my car recently. I am aware of similar instances and all Citroen would say is that it would probably be a lighted cigarette end! given that the engine compartment is practically enclosed, I am surprised at their answer. Have you or any one you know of had a similar experience? If so, I would be pleased to hear from you.

BJ
I am not aware of any recalls. Great car until - there was a fire in the engine compartment. The fireproof cover attached to the underneath of the bonnet caught fire. Apparently caused by a cigarette end! Have you had any experiences of this? I would like to hear from you.

BJ
Citroen C5 Estate recalls - now UK? - vercin
Hi

I have had one from mid april. 4250 miles on clock.

When it works its great.

However it has been off road with ecu fault for approximately 4 weeks.

Give me an e-mail if you want further details.

regards

Vercin
Whilst I am not aware of any recalls on C5 2.2 HDi Estate, mine has just had an engine fire! All that was affected was the Fireproof cover attached to the underneath of the bonnet. According to Citroen this was probaly caused by a gigarette end although the engine appears to be totally enclosed. have you ar any one you know encountered the same problem? i would be very interested to hear from you.

BJ
Car Fires - BJ
I do not know if you looked under the bonnet of a C5 2.2HDI Excellence but it appears to me that it would be impossible for anything to be sucked into the engine compartment of this vehicle, particularly as it is mostly enclosed, even to having a tray under the engine etc. Any way, how can a FIRE RESISTANT cover be caught alight by a cigarette end? It says a lot for the FIRE RESISTANT material used by Citroen? Your comments would be appreciated.

BJ
Car Fires - Dwight Van Driver
That was interesting reading HJ.

Now lets have a campaign to make it an offence to smoke whilst the vehicle is in motion/driving.

DVD
Car Fires - CMark {P}
DVD, smoking whilst driving IS banned here in Jordan (along with using a mobile without a hands free kit)

www.middleeastwire.com/jordan/stories/20020121_2_m...l

"One youth, who was caught talking on his cellphone while smoking -- two separate traffic violations -- suggested ..." -

classic stuff!

CMark
PS spectacular posting about car fires, HJ.