01 1.2 cutting out at junctions etc - big davey
Please Please help any renault fitters, got a guys clio 51 plate 1200 16v. electronic light flashes on, cutting out at junctions, revs up and down. Heard so much about this problem for a long time, read all the forums, nothing definate to fix problem, throttle bodys being replaced putting the fault right and also not putting the fault right. This partiucular clio has had a map sensor, lamda sensor, wiring to ecu repaired, coil pack, brake switch totalling £600. I got it today, and after some time spent on it, i am convinced its the throttle body. the fault is intermittant, can run perfect for a good while the suddenly at the next junction, stalls, light flashes on, revs up nad down. Scan test comes up with the dealer accessable code only.
This guy has spent a lot of cash so far and i want to be 100 % before i buy a throttle body.
Maybe a trip to the dealers is required but i read even they have fitted bodies and has not sorted the problem.
I would be very gratful for any constructive feedback to put this problem to bed.

Cheers
Big Dave.

slt

Edited by Pugugly on 17/09/2008 at 23:30

01 1.2 cutting out at junctions etc - Screwloose
Big Dave

All that expensive kit fitted - and it's never had even the codes read???

How could you adapt-in a new, mega-bucks, throttle body without a scanner?

What make of plugs are in it?
01 1.2 cutting out at junctions etc - big davey
all these parts have been fitted by another garage who just kept trying bits and leaving them on. yes a scanner has been on several times by the last garage and i have a snap on scanner which came up with no codes other than the 2 dealer only codes. it has had a wiring repair just before the ecu. not checked the plugs as the last garage fitted a new set.SNIPQUOTE!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/09/2008 at 00:36

01 1.2 cutting out at junctions etc - Screwloose
i have a snap on scanner which came up with no codes other than the 2 dealer only codes.

So there are fault-codes; but they've never been read by a machine that could decipher them?