Irritating motoring commercials - Ben10
The latest VW radio advert with the mono tone cow noise tailing off into an engine roar, is really irritating. I turn it off whenever I can. But it is on nearly every ad break.

What motoring adverts do other BRs like or dislike?

Edited by Ben10 on 17/09/2008 at 19:41

Irritating motoring commercials - Nsar
Mazda Zoom zoom - what, are they selling cars to five year olds?

I find myself inexplicably annoyed by the Passat coupe press ad with the bloke spraying his car - he just seems so creepy
Irritating motoring commercials - Harleyman
All of them. Pretentious, "arty" carp in the main, especially that one for the new Ford whateverthehellitscalled, where the bint wakes up and everything's wrapped in white bog roll.

The old Vauxhall Zafira ad with the two fat idle kids used to get on my wick too; however I drove a hired Zafira last summer and it was so slow I had to check if the obese brats were still in the boot!

Most of them are far too "clever" for their own good. The last adverts I enjoyed on telly were for Heineken lager and Hamlet cigars.
Irritating motoring commercials - Lud
The 'unmistakably German' Citroen ad is strangely offensive. I have come to the conclusion that it is meant to be, like the ad for male pong-reducing underarm spray that has this louche youth whose eyes turn right round in his head as he passes some girls.

Impact, we used to call it in my market research days.
Irritating motoring commercials - Pendlebury
I hate that autoemicion stuff from Seat - it is so cheesey.
Irritating motoring commercials - maz64
1. The current (just finished?) Renault cash/cheque back offer ad, which is dubbed - unbelievable. Pity, because I liked the Scenic as a dog advert.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ogWSb9LOc

2. The Mercedes C Class ad from a year or so ago, with 2 actors talking about raising something to the next level - made me squirm. Couldn't find it on youtube, but found the same images with a musical backing - big improvement, don't know why they didn't use it instead.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuWHLtrBSM8

3. Agree about Mazda's 'zoom zoom'.

F
Irritating motoring commercials - Sofa Spud
Toyota ads a few years ago had the slogan 'The car in fron is a Toyota'

That always put me in mind of Mr. & Mrs. Flatcap in their Corolla enjoying the freedom of the open road at a steady 40 mph.......with a queue of impatient motorists behind!
Irritating motoring commercials - harib
I remember Murray Walker commentating on a BTCC race where one of the Toyotas ended up upside down near the tyre barriers. Cue Murray - "The car upside down is a Toyota". Magic.
Irritating motoring commercials - Badwolf
Pity because I liked the Scenic as a dog advert.

It was a good advert but I couldn't help thinking that, subliminally, Renault were saying "Buy a Scenic, it's a dog!"

Cheers.
Irritating motoring commercials - grumpyscot
I hate the Seat ads, band usually don't like Reanult ads - except the ones where Annelise Hesme appears! Gorgeous!